Greatest Battles of Optimus Prime and Megatron

Big Grim

Loved it, especially the Marvel issues. Didn't really see the need for the Armada versions, but whatever. But, is it just me or did Optimus pretty much get his ass kicked in the majority of the stories :tflaugh

I mean, he died in two of them (Marvel, Animated Movie), and came close to death in Escalation

I own all the stories as well, with the exception of the Marvel G1 stories (prefer the Marvel UK trades), but I felt like picking it up anyways

beats me, as long as they keep doing them they must be selling. IDW isn't one of those companies that can afford to keep putting stuff out if no one's buying.

The magazine is a good idea. Would have bought #1 except i already have all the issues bar the old Marvel one.

Ditto for the Prime V Megs book, had most of them and didn't want to fork out big bucks on a book I already have 70% of.

• 4 weeks later...

IDK, the movie played a big part in the direction of the Marvel Comic. Would have been better if the movie was ignored IMO. Optimus was dead/incapacitated for most of the US series, I can't say he was anything special. It always seemed that Megatron, Scorponok, Starscream and Grimlock were the major players. There wasn't any great rivalries unfortunately. Only Shockwave vs Megatron and later Shockwave vs Scorponok.

Optimus didn't play so much of a large role until Furman came along. Megs had a smaller role than Prime did too.

Archived