Armada Megatron

Satan's Camaro

I did some touching up on Armada Megatron. I like the mold, but the bright orange highlights were very unappealing IMO, so I've painted over all of the visible bright orange parts. Check it out.

BEFORE

Haul3.jpg

AFTER

ArmadaMegatroncorrected.jpg

More pics to come. Thoughts?

Thanks :thumb. Here is the vehicle mode. Not a whole lot of changes here, just an application of paint to all of the orange sections: parts of the gun barrel, the Mini-con launcher (some orange still shows because of the inaccessible inner area), and some the orange bits on the sides of the tank.

BEFORE (courtesy of tfu.info)

armadamegatronvehicle.jpg

AFTER

ArmadaMegatroncorrected001.jpg

I was considering doing something like this myself, as I really hate the orange.  The other colors aren't too bad.  I wasn't able to decide yet whether to just go over the orange as you did, or to try a full G1 type color scheme (with lots of silver, grey and black).

Good work overall.

I can see some of the original orange on the ramp in tank mode...

Here is the vehicle mode. Not a whole lot of changes here, just an application of paint to all of the orange sections: parts of the gun barrel, the Mini-con launcher (some orange still shows because of the inaccessible inner area), and some the orange bits on the sides of the tank.

:tflaugh1 I know. It only shows from this angle though, and it's virtually unnoticeable in robot mode (which is the mode he's mostly in anyway). Maybe I'll try fixing it at some point, but it really doesn't bug me too much.

Thanks for the comments, guys. Keep 'em coming! :thumb

I was considering doing something like this myself, as I really hate the orange.  The other colors aren't too bad.  I wasn't able to decide yet whether to just go over the orange as you did, or to try a full G1 type color scheme (with lots of silver, grey and black).

Good work overall.

Thanks. I think that Galvatron repaint would be the best version of the mold to start off with if you wanted to do the G1 scheme.

Or better yet, use the Megazarak Botcon repaint. He's only $30 at BBTS I think...although I don't think I'd change anything about that colorscheme...out of the three, it is the most PWNalicious.

Archived