Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alternator Optimus Prime

Recommended Posts

THOSE CROOKS! That is so obviously a rip off of my Rodimus Prime! I sent them a pic of my Rodimus in my resume and they ripped me off!

 

 

Did they "rip" you off?  OR did you hand over your idea blindly?  I'm pretty sure that they had the Dodge Ram planned out before you did.  As a matter a fact it was about a year ago I believe that somebody on this board was asked to do a sketch of a Dodge Ram for a possible Alt. Soundwave.

 

Let's just say your idea was totally original, did you copyright it? Can't afford or wait for that whole process? Then did you take your idea, postdate it and mail it to yourself through the United State Postal Service and NOT open it once received?  You did know that this is a cheap form of copyrighting (very basic at least), the USPS is a federal government entity and that your post date mark would/could be before Hasbro's giving you full credit.

 

No actually I didn`t know that. However now I do thanks. Although you know there is a topic I posted at my parent`s house under my little brother`s user name before I got my computer (in other words I don`t use his user ID any more just so the mods and admin know :thumb ) with the sketches of how I had planned on making him. It has a date. Not saying that that makes it official but at least it is dated. Here`s the link http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=12075 as you can see the first posting of any of my sketches was back in October of last year Not that they resemble my new version at all but this one does posted early march of this year http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=20167&hl=. However the first rumors I heard of the possibility of a red truck was when we heard about the 1:72 scale jets back in December here http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=15441&hl=. So basically this means that they either didn`t copy my Rodimus Prime or someone updated the original ideas of this first meantioning of a red truck after I posted what I`d been working on, or the things shown to these ppl were just pics like the first pic we saw of Prowl in which case it leaves open the possibility that they could have used my design. In an case I sent them an email about it last Sunday with a comparison pic attatched so they could see the similarities, and the fact that mine totally kicks theirs but as far as articulation, style, and coolness factor goes. :tfgrin  Still waiting to hear back but I would suspect that they will eventually contact me. I would suppose that this sort of thing doesn`t happen very often. So there you have it proof that it is a possibility that one of their designers copied my design and presented it as their own. Thanks for the info ROSEDOGGYDOG.

  • Replies 305
  • Views 28.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I had no idea we had so many potential douches on this board. :( You all do realize that you're getting pissy over a toy that hasn't even come out yet, right?

Wow, I had no idea we had so many potential douches on this board. :( You all do realize that you're getting pissy over a toy that hasn't even come out yet, right?

And this is different from any other time... how?

 

I do think people need to relax. This is just another Optimus Prime toy, one of many that have come out before. He's not meant to be the definitive Optimus Prime figure for all time or anything; he's just the version they're using in the Alt/BT line. What the heck is wrong with thinking outside the box, anyway?

 

I think the real reason people are pissed is b/c now they don't know which Prime to display with the rest of their Alts. :tflaugh

I think the real reason people are pissed is b/c now they don't know which Prime to display with the rest of their Alts. :tflaugh

 

You joke about that but this really is a major source of contention with me.  :tflaugh

 

I will hopefully be getting this prime. I am not happy with the idea but I can learn to live with it.  I just wish his hood chest went forward like skids.

I think the real reason people are pissed is b/c now they don't know which Prime to display with the rest of their Alts. :tflaugh

 

I'll probably have both up there. I'm sorry, I can't put 20th Prime away just like that. That guy's gonna have so much dust in his joints by the time I wrap him back up, it will be rediculous.

 

You know who has to really be pissed? Prowl! He's reading all the message boards thinking, "YES! People finally recognize me as a leader. Screw Jazz and Grimlock. They want me on Top! Hummmm... I'm bored. Let me check Hasbro's Site. Hey! A new recruit to my team of Autobots. A Dodge Ram. Big guy huh, no matter I'll keep em in line. Let's see here, Figure to be Optimu.......WHAT THE F@#$!!!!! Those bastards!! People haven't even found my guy in store yet!"*quietly leaks energon from him optics*

I think the real reason people are pissed is b/c now they don't know which Prime to display with the rest of their Alts. :tflaugh

 

I'll probably have both up there. I'm sorry, I can't put 20th Prime away just like that. That guy's gonna have so much dust in his joints by the time I wrap him back up, it will be rediculous.

 

You know who has to really be pissed? Prowl! He's reading all the message boards thinking, "YES! People finally recognize me as a leader. Screw Jazz and Grimlock. They want me on Top! Hummmm... I'm bored. Let me check Hasbro's Site. Hey! A new recruit to my team of Autobots. A Dodge Ram. Big guy huh, no matter I'll keep em in line. Let's see here, Figure to be Optimu.......WHAT THE F@#$!!!!! Those bastards!! People haven't even found my guy in store yet!"*quietly leaks energon from him optics*

Well, he *is* controlled by Chip Chase now, so maybe he'd just say something like "no matter how many times I see it, it's always outrageous!"

I think the real reason people are pissed is b/c now they don't know which Prime to display with the rest of their Alts. :tflaugh

 

I'll probably have both up there. I'm sorry, I can't put 20th Prime away just like that. That guy's gonna have so much dust in his joints by the time I wrap him back up, it will be rediculous.

 

You know who has to really be pissed? Prowl! He's reading all the message boards thinking, "YES! People finally recognize me as a leader. Screw Jazz and Grimlock. They want me on Top! Hummmm... I'm bored. Let me check Hasbro's Site. Hey! A new recruit to my team of Autobots. A Dodge Ram. Big guy huh, no matter I'll keep em in line. Let's see here, Figure to be Optimu.......WHAT THE F@#$!!!!! Those bastards!! People haven't even found my guy in store yet!"*quietly leaks energon from him optics*

Well, he *is* controlled by Chip Chase now, so maybe he'd just say something like "no matter how many times I see it, it's always outrageous!"

 

I bretend dat Prowl is just Prowl. I don't even wanna think of the whole Chip, time space.......*getting dizzy*...Look what you did! Alts dont have a story.

No actually I didn`t know that. However now I do thanks. Although you know there is a topic I posted at my parent`s house under my little brother`s user name before I got my computer (in other words I don`t use his user ID any more just so the mods and admin know :thumb ) with the sketches of how I had planned on making him. It has a date. Not saying that that makes it official but at least it is dated. Here`s the link http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=12075 as you can see the first posting of any of my sketches was back in October of last year Not that they resemble my new version at all but this one does posted early march of this year http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=20167&hl=. However the first rumors I heard of the possibility of a red truck was when we heard about the 1:72 scale jets back in December here http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=15441&hl=. So basically this means that they either didn`t copy my Rodimus Prime or someone updated the original ideas of this first meantioning of a red truck after I posted what I`d been working on, or the things shown to these ppl were just pics like the first pic we saw of Prowl in which case it leaves open the possibility that they could have used my design. In an case I sent them an email about it last Sunday with a comparison pic attatched so they could see the similarities, and the fact that mine totally kicks theirs but as far as articulation, style, and coolness factor goes. :tfgrin  Still waiting to hear back but I would suspect that they will eventually contact me. I would suppose that this sort of thing doesn`t happen very often. So there you have it proof that it is a possibility that one of their designers copied my design and presented it as their own. Thanks for the info ROSEDOGGYDOG.

 

I already pointed out to you last week that Hasbro was working on the Dodge Ram liscence In Feb '04, eight months before you posted that sketch.  They already had built prototypes of Bumblebee and Jazz when they were dealing with VW and Porshe, so chances are like most designs tied up in liscencing, the Alt Dodge Ram is a year and a half old.  In fact when I first read about your kitbash project I figured you copied their idea.

 

And for the record, the truck alt drawing Rosedoggydog is referring to was Dodge Dakota Soundwave design illustrated by Unicron_WMD.  It was posted here on September 9, 2004.  Lobo completed a kitbash based on the design here, in January 2005.

In all reality guys....this line of discussion is silly

I thought Rodimus was joking when he posted that "Those theives" comment. I mean we all knew about his KB. But come on guys Drop it.

 

Rodimus you did good but you cant Starscream about ANYTHING about a figure you havent seen. i bet its just as posable and cool as any of the others.

 

Sheesh all this Prime Starscreaming is EXACTLY WHY THEY DONT LIKE PROTOS LEAKED!!!!!!!

Though I'll be the first one to Starscream about who ever sets up their OFFICIAL displays...

 

Rodimus - you seem like an intelligent level headed guy -but you are crazy if you think you are going to get compensation from Hasbro just because you chopped up a model kit...

 

by the way - i like Lobo's a lot better than either yours or Hastakomys

 

Hunter

(i reiterate- yours ROCKS but dont be an a$$ ok?)

The Alt line might be doomed or just holding back to conincide with the release of the movie or a new Alt TV show.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.