not transformers but...

Trailbreakimus Prime

ok, my scanner is now considered by most computer repare companies to be nothing more than a paperweight. so I decided to see how my digital camera would work with 2d artwork.

ColorPurple.jpg

I made that in 1999 and had it entered (without me knowing) into my state's art show (not sure if it was the '99 or '00 one) for my state. it won 2nd place for my age group.

and now that I know what artwork looks like through my digital camera, i might just use it from now on (and not spend money on a new scanner untill i know i need one)

EDIT: I forgot to say, it was done with pastels.

Very nice work.  A couple of technical questions:  How far were you away from the picture when you took it?  Is there a plastic or glass cover on the picture?  It seems kind of hazey. 

Once again, very nice work.

i was about maybe 3 feet away. and the hazyness isn't hazyness. it's actually the artwork. pastells are like chalk. and it might also be the protective coat that you spray over pastells to protect them fome time.

Very nice work.  A couple of technical questions:  How far were you away from the picture when you took it?  Is there a plastic or glass cover on the picture?  It seems kind of hazey. 

i was about maybe 3 feet away. and the hazyness isn't hazyness. it's actually the artwork. pastells are like chalk. and it might also be the protective coat that you spray over pastells to protect them fome time.

Yeah, I remember learning back in college that Spray-Fix can leave a sheen like that.  We were told to use a high strength hair spray.  Next time try a little Aqua Net.  Seriously.

Yeah, I remember learning back in college that Spray-Fix can leave a sheen like that.  We were told to use a high strength hair spray.  Next time try a little Aqua Net.  Seriously.

it was sprayed with what my old High School art teacher had. lol.

Archived