G1 Prime sketch

MasterOfPuppets

Well my teacher was trying to teach us about shading and we had to draw a picture of our choice and shade it so I did G1 Optimus Prime. Excuse the Decepticon symbol on him, I was doodling when I couldn't think of what to draw and it was too dark to erase completely when I had an idea. Also the teacher made us draw that bar on the side as different shades of shading. I did this sketch at around 2 AM. I'm open to comments and crits.

Untitled-2.jpg

ahhh I remember having to do such exercises. What's really bad is when you have to do that damn scale thing in tempra paint, not fun.

Anyway, awsome drawing, looks like a combination of the cartoon and DW comic style. Only negative thing I could say is that primes head may be a touch too elongated, other than that relativly minor detail, it's awsome.

ahhh I remember having to do such exercises. What's really bad is when you have to do that damn scale thing in tempra paint, not fun.

Anyway, awsome drawing, looks like a combination of the cartoon and DW comic style. Only negative thing I could say is that primes head may be a touch too elongated, other than that relativly minor detail, it's awsome.

Thanks, I was going for more of a cartoon style head. And I agree the head looks a bit too elongated but I'm too lazy to change it.

Archived