Need some quick help with E. Starscream.

My Alt. Mode Sucks

Mostly the legs. I noticed that not too long ago the ball joints started getting really wonky and they were no longer nice and stiff. So, I tried the nail polish method, which works...temporarily. Even though the extra coat makes the joints ultra-tight briefly, after I play with him for a bit, the coat wears off and I'm back to square one. Is there a relatively easy-to-do and inexpensive quick fix method to solve this? Thanks in advance.

I had that same problem with my Treadshot's left knee, and found a method which works.

Toilet paper.

Pop the ball joint, insert a wad of TP in the socket, then refasten the ball joint. It SHOULD work. (hey, Tradshot has a stiff knee again, so...)

I was considering bunching up some paper and putting it in the socket...well, now that I know it works, thanks a lot! I'll try that. The nail polish thing just really wasn't working as well as I'd hoped. :thumb

*Smacks Cdn for teh innuendos* LOL, kiddin'. Yeah...JG, I found out, unfortunately, that not only did the coatings start to wear off easily after moving the legs around on him for a few minutes, it seemed to detract from the overall stiffness of the legs/ball joints, period. Unfortunately, the stuff isn't an end-all cure to loose ball joints...but the paper solution seems to work.

insted of nail polish, use a bit of super glue

Yeah thats what I do, just don't let it dry with the leg/arm attached. Bw terrosaw wasn't so lucky.

Archived