Just an idea.

Berkeley

An online friend of mine was screwing around with Energon weapon matchups, and came to something quite interesting...

Take Strongarm, remove all Energon parts. Add Divebomb's boomerang halves as shoulder pieces. Add Cruellock's saber. Now, the ray gun piece is actually not preferable, if you have SL Command Jaguar, with the greener set of Battle Ravage weaponry. The Megatron homage gun, shoulder mounted, would be perfect, because it sockets with Cruellock's saber and makes no shoulder piece drilling necessary (as the use of Cruellock's ray gun will require for the continuation of the idea).

The normal Strongarm in robot mode, decked out with what I described, is pretty nifty. However, a transformable version would require some modification.

First of all, drilling. If you don't have SL Command Jaguar, and you don't want Battle Ravage's yellow guns, you're going to need to use Cruellock's gun - which will not naturally socket with Strongarm's shoulder piece. A small hole will have to be drilled into that shoulder piece, effectively turning it into an outtie Minicon port. Second, drill matching-sized holes into the pegs on Divebomb's boomerang halves. This will allow them to peg into the sides of Cruellock's saber.

Transform Strongarm as normal. Socket Cruellock's ray gun into Cruellock's saber, with the innie Minicon port facing in the opposite direction of the "sharp" end of the blade. The sword sockets onto the drilled shoulder piece, and the Divebomb boomerang halves socket into the sides of the sword. I have not done this, but I imagine that'd end up looking pretty cool.

After that, turning him into a full-fledged Decepticon would mostly require painting. I'm envisioning leaving the dark blue-black portions on Strongarm untouched, while repainting his yellow portions a deep red, his tan portions a grey, and his red highlights a purple. The point of the purple, of course, would be to match a Decepticon faction sticker placed over the Autobot faction symbol (which would be painted over if no place is selling stickers that size). The final touch would probably be a bright green on the eyes, and possibly the same on the windshield, though that would sadly end its transparency.

The result?

I'm not exactly the best visual thinker... but I think it would look pretty sweet.

Just a thought.

Archived