Dr WU Mechanic Studios Steam Age Series Wasp (Hearts of Steel Bumblebee) and More!

BaCon

"New".

That Bumblebee came out several years ago already. Mech Planet Hot Soldiers Centurion. ExVee posted about it back in March 2018 (https://tformers.com/hot-soldiers-legends-scale-unofficial-hearts-of-steel-bumblebee-color-photos-plus-new-not-optimus-teaser/33399/news.html). The track and hammer are new though. The original hammer was a solid piece whereas this new one looks like it transforms for some reason. Probably to better peg in underneath in train mode. The original hammer just kinda loosely slotted in by the lower part of the handle. It would sometimes come out if hit by something. This new hammer looks like it has two pegs that flip out and the hammer head rotates so that maybe the hammer head plugs in underneath the train. This way it's secured at both ends and won't fall off anymore. The pickaxe does something similar. They're not going to to act as train car connectors as they're not long enough to. Not unless they changed where they go underneath the train.

Centurion (that's that character's actual name in IDW) has a new head. Shame they didn't give him his cowcatcher battle mask that he sports later. Thomas obviously has some very illegal retooled parts on him. Cliffjumper has a new head as well. Both Thomas and Cliffjumper have new weapons. But the Bumblebee exists already for the most part. The colors might be different though but it's difficult to tell with the lighting used for these product shots.

It's a good figure loaded with articulation. I love how the hands transformation hinge works so well with the hammer.

I think I paid under $30 for him on Ebay but I would imagine it's going to be more like $50 or more now.

I also think that this might be a way to help fund the rest of the line. Reissue figures from an old mold or rather one purchased from another company and use that to quickly get some easy money to finish other projects. It could all be the same company though as it's difficult to keep up with their constant name changes for different reasons. Mech Planet, MechFanToys, Mechanic Studios, they all sound like the same company to me.

• Like 1