Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Advice for restoring G1 Figures?

Recommended Posts

I was at a collectible show this weekend, and found someone selling core technobots for real cheap. I got Scattershot, Nosecone, Lightspeed, and a poor condition m Strafe (all w/o accessories) for under $30. Anyways, I would like to ask for some advice on how to restore them. 1st, I have seen pictures of them, where the lighter parts are super white. Mine have minor yellowing. I don't remember them in G1, but were the white parts always super white when they came out Also, how do you guys usually hunt for G1 accessories parts besides eBay?

I usually go to collectible conventions, they do not have to be Transformer specific, and better if they are not, since most of the time they are cheaper. I would actually print out a picture of the accessories I will be looking for. Transformer land.com is good for those.

 

 

As for cleaning up the bots, for me a little bleach goes a long way

looking on other message boards is a good idea too for those loose pieces. As far as restoring them, there's not much you can do for discoloration. there is a process of putting Oxy Clean into Hrydogen Peroxide in a glass dish, and leaving the figure in the the dish in the sun for a while to bring the white parts back to white. there's a thread someone else made about a yellowing jetfire in which i posted some links to the process. I've done it a few times to a G1 Ratchet and it works. There's also a link in that thread too for a way to remove stickers safely with them retaining their stickiness to be used again. have fun!

For looking up what accessories and other info come with a figure Botcollector.com and Unicron.com are good sites. For Unicron.com use the dates all the way to the right. For dirty or ruined sticker that I want to remove I use an adhesive remover from the auto parts store, use carefully, paint from the metal painted figures will come off a little. But this is a quick and easy way to remove unwanted stickers. Reprolabels.com sells reproduced sticker sheets of pretty much all figures. For overall cleaning, warm water and Q-tips work pretty good.

If it's just cleaning then water, q-tips, and a screwdriver are needed. I restored my whole G1 collection after heavy smoke damage from a house fire. All came out well and I got all the needed parts, weapons and accessories off of ebay. All came out well except Omega Supreme for which I messed up on the electronics and mechanical and now it does not work.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.