Animated Arcee review

Yuyuyami

I got Animated Arcee today, along with Cybertron Mode Ratchet and Leader Magnus. She's a nice figure, but I fear she may have Animated Plastic Syndrome, though it's not as bad as it was on Animated Bumblebee.

Alt Mode:

Arcee is a futuristic car. It looks decent, except the middle suffers from the bottom of her toes being exposed and her whole back end is compromised by both her arms, hands and head being visible from the top. When you're just looking at Arcee casually, it's easy to overlook these flaws, but once you notice them, you won't be able to unnotice them until you've stepped away from her for a while. It's a shame, too, because it could have been a really nice car.

I give Arcee's alt mode a 7/10. It's not bad, but I want a lot better from an Arcee figure.

Transformation:

The transformation's pretty simple. It's effective, handles the kibble nicely and leaves Arcee with a nice, girlish figure. That's not to say that it's not frustrating at times, though that's more because of how tiny she is and how big my hands are than because the transformation has a problem. The neat thing about it is that Arcee uses her hands to help hold her car mode together, which is something few transformers do that I always enjoy.

I give Arcee's transformation an 8/10. It's nothing mind blowing, but it has some neat twists to it.

Robot Mode:

This is where Arcee shines. She has a nice figure that makes her look as hot as a toy can be without resorting to being slutty. She has nice proportions and, except for a little gaff in her shins, has beautifully flowing "lines" that accentuate how feminine she is.

Her articulation is handled well, too, as she has the full, standard range of motion that we've come to expect from transformers these days, with a little bit extra in that her hands can turn around, which is perfect for her swords.

The only real problem with Arcee is that she's from the animated line, so she, of course, has soft, easily ground up plastic. It's not as bad on her as it was on some of the earlier animated toys, but keep in mind, I've only had her for a day and I can all ready feel her getting loose, especially in the left shin's transformation joint, which has no soft ratchet to keep it in place and relies entirely on friction.

Arcee's robot mode gets a 10/10, but if I'm right about her having Animated Plastic Syndrome, it might be better to keep her in the box.

Summary:

Arcee's a great figure, though a bit on the small side. Her big failing is potentially in her plastic, though I hope I'm wrong.

Archived