Opinion Wanted: Sam's Prowl/Starscream

Transfotaku

Like the topic says, I'm considering buying the 2-pack from Sam's Club. Prowl vs Starscream, 22 and change price.

I was wondering if anyone already has them, and if so how cool are the paint apps? The quality of the toy? They the same size and everything as the original Armada run?

Like most everyone else in the toys, I got Armada Red alert already, and Thundercracker, Skywarp and Micron Legend Starscream, so I'm not hurting for the mold. I do find the colors appealing though, I love blue and white, and dark red, black and gold highlights both.

Basically just wondering if its worthwhile to nab the 2 for 22 for recolors alone. They are some of my favored Armada molds (I'd like a cheap Red alert just to repaint black for Trailbreaker n'all), and while I like the recolors, I do also wanna keep getting new (Energon) molds I don't have yet.

the price is great, two ultra for the price of one, I love the redalert mold (I think I am in the minority, but his alt mode is what e-ironide should be) I dont remember the colors thou are they different enuff to warrant a purchase?

Yeah, if you like the molds, they're well worth picking up for that price. Red alert/Prowl has the best paint apps he's ever got, and the Starscream is done more or less in Energon Screamer's colors. It carrys off really well. Worth it, IMO

the price is great, two ultra for the price of one, I love the redalert mold (I think I am in the minority, but his alt mode is what e-ironide should be) I dont remember the colors thou are they different enuff to warrant a purchase?

Prowl is blue and white of Red alert. Where Red's white, Prowl's mostly blue (the kinda blue I like also). Where Red's blue, Prowl's white. That's how it looks in box, and a bit simplified, but basically swap the colors out. I'd love to see him redone in Energon somehow, like a nice technoSUV sort of thing. Or a futuristic ambulance. Heck, I'd be content if the SWAT Prowl for Energon was called Red alert just so show Armada Red didn't just vanish, darn it all.

Starscream's like a dark black, a blood red, and slightly beige gold. From what I saw in box, the sword would be cool. A nice gold for the blade and a blood red spine to go with it.

If I get them, I'll just need to get TFU Ramjet then so I got ALL the Armada Seekers. Heh. ;)

Sounds like I'll get 'em. Got good advice, and they seem to be well liked even as recolors. Thanks!

Archived