Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sooo...are we allowed to post non-Transformers art?

Recommended Posts

So, I did these for my concentration for my AP Art class. I knew going in that the AP graders would hate it and that it's nothing close to real "art," but I didn't really care. They're drawn with Sharpie, and colored with watercolor. Every picture is an original pose with no reference, save for Wolverine, and parts of Rorschach. That being said, here they are. I actually don't even like the majority of them, mainly because I was a lazy bastard so many of them are the product of rushing to meet a deadline, thus resorting to either lazy poses, weak coloring, sloppy style, or a combination of all three. You'll probably be able to tell which ones they are. Anyway, here ya go:

 

Cervantes (Soul Calibur/4)

One of the ones I like, even though I essentially did the entire thing in a night.

 

Young Link (Majora's Mask)

I wanted to do Young Link, mainly because he's one of the most underrated characters of gaming in my opinion. I went with Majora's Mask, since that's my favorite iteration of him and the most rarely seen.

 

Wolverine

One of my favorites, though I feel like a cheater since all I did was copy an existing pose and stylize it.

 

Rorschach

Although I like it, the general consensus has been love or hate. I experimented with the rain effect by dripping the watercolor, and that will make or break the picture for people.

 

Ganondorf (OOT)

I originally intended to do a Wind Waker Ganondorf, as that's my favorite incarnation of the character, but when this moment appeared in my mind, I knew it's what I wanted to do; the epic moment before his transformation into Ganon. I have mixed feelings about this one. In some ways I feel like some of the awesomeness was lost with the color, as I don't think I made him stick out enough.

 

Big Boss (MGS3)

Though I like how the end result turned out, this one is a personal disappointment to me. Big Boss is my favorite character in all of video games, so I wanted to do something truly epic with his picture. Unfortunately, I consistently had problems getting a satisfactory pose that BB was worthy of, and when I had to meet a deadline, I settled with a cheap face shot. To make myself feel a tiny bit better, I tried to mimic Shinkawa's style, though I think I only slightly succeeded.

 

Link (OOT)

Possibly my least favorite. This was turning out to be one of my best with the pencil sketch. I was a little too liberal with the Sharpie, making it lose some of its awesomeness. Then my teacher demanded a colored version and it turned into this mess. It's plain, ugly, and rushed in my opinion. An amazing picture that decreased massively in quality with each step towards completion.

 

Kratos

Don't really know how I feel about this one. Still trying to decide if I like or don't like it. Eh.

 

Samus

Another disappointment, and other contender for least favorite. I wanted to show Samus' unmasked face without turning her into cheap eye candy by doing the Zero Suit route, which is what I've seen the majority of people do. I wanted to show the inherent tough/awesomeness of Samus, while still showing her as a woman. This one is like Big Boss, in the sense that I settled for less with one of my favorite characters of gaming. Had I more time, I would've used an entirely different pose, and it could've looked amazing. But, everything in this picture is sloppy and lazy. The armor doesn't even look like it fits together because I so hastily drew it, it lacks detail, the coloring is primitive, and, ugh.

 

Deadpool

Eh. Another one I colored in one night. Can you see what I was trying to achieve with the weird abstract background? Me neither.

Samus looks like she has seen someone she loves die in the battle she is walking away from. GREAT WORK

 

Rosarch, Brilliant the rain works with his name..

 

Deadpool looks like he is fighting inside Xaviers mind,

 

You seem to be a great artist with too much self doubt.

  • 1 month later...

Yeah give yourself some credit. All of them are very good and you can easily tell they belong to the same artist, you got your own definitive style! In an age where everything is done in Photoshop its refreshing to see something old school yet a different take on portraying greatly loved characters. I'd have to say that Wolverine is my favorite, the pure bestial fury is executed exceptionally well and jumps off the canvas in that one. Who cares if you cheated in the pose, you can only have the same character do so many original poses lol. It's the atmosphere that makes them all so unique.

i think you should make the parts in shaddow darker, cause there is no real light and dark parts, its all one tone... anyway congrats on finding your own style, it takes a long time to get there! Its not totally my style, but i'm jealous anyway. you have a more 'free' movement than what i do. maybe you can do my backgrounds for me!

You had me at that Rorschach :love

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.