Cool CGI Animations...

Snapes on a Plane
    By Snapes on a Plane,

While browsing the internet for who-knows-what, I came across a site that has loads of neat CGI Animations of Transformers. Most are either G1 Characters or their War Within Incarnations. The coolest part is that all the ones I've seen so far transform! They're so cool :bounce

Here's the link: http://www.10fingers.com/3d/transform.htm

Enjoy :D

-Turbine

Digi-paint: Arcee as "Sunstorm"

Dark_Lord_Prime
    By Dark_Lord_Prime,
    Sunstorm_Arcee_-_bot_mode.jpg

New G1 Energon Cubes

HitandRum
    By HitandRum,

New G1 Energon Cubescubeanimation.gif

The guys over at Unicron.com does it again. First, there was the Unicron Plastic Figure Stand and now they made G1 Energon Cubes! You can check them out here and pre-order them from Bigbadtoystore.com!

Heroes of Cybertron wave 5 Review

Tortle
    By Tortle,

I was in Kroger's (a Virginian grocery store) a few days ago, when my eye caught the familiar purple grid of Decepticon packaging. Shore nuff, it was the Devastator Heroes of Cybertron PVC. I had never actually seen any HOC figures in the store and given the reports of horrible distribution, I doubted I ever would.

But after a late-night toy quest across Charlottesville, I managed to get the entire Metroplex wave (each figure comes with a piece of Metroplex). The wave consists of Optimus Prime, Ratchet, Omega Supreme, Megatron, Emperor Starscream, and Devastator.

I apologize if this review is just rehashing old news. Like I said, I've never seen HOC figures before so this is new, exciting stuff for me.

Company: Hasbro

Size: ~3" tall for the basic figures, and 4.5" tall for Metroplex

Price: $4 each at Kroger's

Packaging: Carded (classic red and purple grid style)

Looks: 3.5 out of 5

The figures are sculpted to match the cartoon and as such, there isn't much detail. Regardless, the sculpts are pretty sharp with nice, clean lines, and the animated-style sculpt works well for figures of this size. The color schemes are cool, with nice basic colors representative of each character. The paint application is good considering each figure is entirely painted, but paint sometimes bleeds into other areas and looks sloppy. Why Hasbro painted the whole figures instead of casting them in colored plastic and painting the details is beyond me.

Articulation: 3 out of 5

I don't expect any articulation from PVC figures, but these little guys all have some sort of articulation. All of the basic figures have shoulder, wrist and neck swivel joints. Omega Supreme also has fore-arm articulation. Metroplex has the most articulation of them all, with swivel joints at its hips, shoulders, wrists, and neck. Unfortunately, given their sculpts, the number of poses the figures can utilize is very limited.

Accessories: 3.5 out of 5

Again, I don't expect much in this category with PVCs, but the Heroes of Cybertron all come with a section of Metroplex, which you can build if you buy all the figures. This is my favorite aspect of the line: a bonus figure for buying a set! Unfortunately, the figures don't come with any character-specific accessories.

Value: 2 out of 5

These guys are way too expensive. As a comparison, Star Wars figures are larger, more detailed, and made of better quality plastic, but are still over-priced at $5. Four bucks for a 4" PVC is a rip.

Coolness: 4 out of 5

HOC has a good deal of "cool" going for it. As mentioned before, Metroplex is a sweet bonus for (and incentive to buy) a completed collection. Also, I really dig the scale. And I love G1 Transformer stuff!

Overall: 3.2 out of 5

Despite the reaming at the cash register, these guys are cool enough to warrant a place in my collection. I hope more of them become available in the stores, since the card back shows about 32 figures total. I know I could pick them up online, but they're not quite cool enough to fork over extra for shipping.

On with the pics! In the first pic, we see the Autobot team...

post-26-1086981127.jpg

Dia Atlas Knock off for 19.99 ?

Shockawava
    By Shockawava,

I want another base (since scorponok is never gonna come my way) I decided to go with the cheaper Dia Atlas knock to act as a Decept base is it worth getting? I may get 2

Trans-Fan's Cars

Snapes on a Plane
    By Snapes on a Plane,

So have any board members seen or own a car that either has been painted like a Transformer character, plastered with a Transformer's bumper sticker, or simply has a faction logo on the hood or back window? Show off your rides :D Mine's coming soon. I just bought a new car and my logo is on its way :bounce

-Turbine

Optimal Optimus

AlutronVegeta
    By AlutronVegeta,

I was wondereing if any one has ever kitbashed Optimal Optimus to look like Megatron (ala Beast Machines series finale)?

Sticker Question...

Snapes on a Plane
    By Snapes on a Plane,

With the Number 8 Bookstyle Takara reissue(Inferno) was a large Autobot logo sticker included as an extra. I'm wondering if it is only good for say, a binder, book, etc or if it is durable enough to go on a car. Has anyone used this sticker or knows if it can used as a bumper-sticker?

Thanks in Advance for any information,

-Turbine

Digibash - Energon Beachcomber

OP2K5
    By OP2K5,

I decided to resurrect one of my old favorites. Ladies and gentlemen, i give you the pacifist autobot: Energon Beachcomber.

EnergonBeachcomber.jpg

Here's the comparison shot:

G1Beachcomber.jpg

Well, how'd i do for my first digibash? :tfgrin

:ab

Accursed Robotmasters

Hot Rod
    By Hot Rod,

Okay, we are only a week or so away from the release of wave 1 of the Robotmasters, am I alone in thinking that there have not been nearly enough pics of these toys yet? :tfmad

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE