Don Murphy interview on the main site

Nevermore
    By Nevermore,

2 quick questions

soybean56
    By soybean56,

Hi more accomplished bashers than I, two really quick questions.

1) Is there any way to tighten the door on Alt Shockblast. The part that slides in and out to give him bigger "wings" in bot mode. My right door is really loose but I didn't know if the tried and true nail polish would help, or hurt, the sliding joint.

2) On some random Japanesse big robot with a big gun toy I have, I'm trying to do a custom paint. The problem is the gun folds (think Alt Hound's gun but larger). Is there any way to protect the paint from getting rubbed/scrapped off here. The painting looked fine, but the hinge peeled some off. I want the joint to stay functional if possible.

thanks

Question to those who attended OTFCC 2004

Nevermore
    By Nevermore,

Numerous people reported to me having met a man who was introduced to them as "the man who designs Alternators for Hasbro".

Unfortunately, none of those people seem to remember his name, erroneously assuming that "it was already common knowledge anyways".

Kyde says that his first name is "Mark". Does anyone have the full name?

He sure deserves credit alongside Kobayashi Hironori, don't you think? :)

new head masters dvd

Rotorstorm
    By Rotorstorm,

this may be old news by now but i thought it was about time it got it's own topic.

Quote taken from thetransformers.net

Metrodome Update Posted by:

Raymond T. of Seibertron has been in contact with Metrodome over future Transformers DVD releases in the UK. Here's the email he received from them:

"I've no news of the 20th Anniversary of the movie I'm afraid but we are planning a summer release of Takara - Headmasters.

We've managed to track down all the original 1991 Japanese Takara masters for Headmasters. These are better quality than the ones we have in the US and they are complete. Tracking them down has been a bit of a job.

My plan at the moment, is to release a 4 disc DVD using these original Japanese masters with the original Japanese audio and we'll create accurate English subtitles. The original dubbing by Star was pretty dreadful, so my thoughts are to keep it intact, as it was originally broadcast in Japan.

However, I am also looking into the possibility of copying the English audio dub from the US masters and placing it as an optional audio track on the DVD. This is only possible if they are exactly the same so we'll have to do technical comparisons and configurations etc. and this may end up being too expensive and the US master list is not complete so we won't be able to do this to all at the moment but I am looking into it.

As for re-dubbing. I've dismissed that for the moment as I think it will be far too expensive."

Chris McFeely, who has worked on the Seasons 3/4, Season 1 and RID Boxsets, has provided some more info:

Yeah, I can confirm that what Seibertron have posted is accurate - this is the news I was waiting for permission to release, but Ken hasn't replied to me in two weeks, and since Seibertron have it up now, what the hey.

The news, of course, was that Metrodome have acquired the original Japanese masters for "Headmasters." In the recent company restructuring, I'm sad to say that Jane Lawson, a lovely woman who was the product manager for Transformers and our link to what the company was up to, was made redundant. Ken Law is currently handling the product while searching for a new manager. Anyway, where Jane's approach to Headmasters was "We have the dub, and we'll see if we can get the Japanese," after this development, Ken's approach is "We've got the original Japanese, now we'll see if we can put the dub on it." The original version is now paramount. Personally, I've reccommended that the dub be included, just for the sake of giving viewers a choice. That bit about the US master list not being complete is news to me, however.

Regarding the movie, though, last I heard an Autumn release is planned. Which reminds me, I need to bring up the business of a fan commentary to Ken again!

Unfortunately, and for whatever reason, they only have 17 English masters, as opposed to the 35 Japanese ones they have.

Also, last year, it was reported that TVNihon and Wolfpack Productions would be doing the subtitles, but that's off the cards now.

This Week's Hauls

AutobotMaximal
    By AutobotMaximal,

Post 'em if ya got 'em...

DW Transformer comic #11 script

Jaguaratron
    By Jaguaratron,

New member Cinder at the allspark seems to have access to a lot of interesting stuff, listing a partial script from #11 and has scans of the whole of #11 and most of #12 (says they are not his works to show though :( He seems to suggest he worked at DW)

check it out here

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68606

Neon TF sign

DarkNarcoleptic
    By DarkNarcoleptic,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...6164604629&rd=1

I haven't seen this before....kinda cool if you wanna pay for it.

MP UM Released

splendic
    By splendic,

I just requested info from JRS about why they were shipping UM on the 31st if he was being released by Takara on the 24th, and got this repsonse....

...Masterpiece Ultra Magnus was originally scheduled to be released on March

24th in Japan. They were scheduled to arrive by March 31st and that is the

date I listed on the website. The last few days I've heard things have now

changed. The release has been pushed back a week or 2, so I will not have

them in stock until 1 week after the release date in Japan. Nothing that I

have control over. The same thing has happened with Binaltech BT-12

Overdrive. He was scheduled for release in early March, yet now its end of

March beginning of April

at least it's not broken..?

jaxom
    By jaxom,

i found this one just yesterday..

CLICKY!!~

read the sellers blog and youll see what i mean..

"head is missing but in good condition"

hehehy freakin funni3..

BM Megatron "wings to mu-mu" action!

Lord Madhammer
    By Lord Madhammer,

Here's what I meant about Mainframe fudging the animation for BM Megs' transformation sequence. He goes from having dragon wings in one frame to mu-mu pleats in the next. This makes a show-accurate BM Megs a bit tricky.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE