Most ANNOYING GIMMICK in a TF toy

SGC Gaiares
    By SGC Gaiares,

Gimmicks can sell or kill a toy, even if it's a cool looking one. In the case of TF's, there are toys that can't be saved by gimmicks alone.  And then there are great toys that have collgiommicks that tend to become annoying. 

Example = E-scorponok. Great toy but very time you move it's tail (even a little bit) it makes a gear sound that is SOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING. :grr

5 hours left on ebay,F/S Cryotek C-10+ Misb

DarkGalvatron
    By DarkGalvatron,

Hello,I've got a C-10++ MISB Cryotek up for bid on ebay. the auction ends today in under 5 hours.  The auction bid price is still very low. Don't miss the chance to own this rare & awesome store exclusive repaint.  Cryotek is a blue+black repaint using the Ultra sized 1999 TM2 Megatron toy mold.  Bid & win with confidence I've got 132 positive ebay feedbacks & no negatives.

Please click on the link below to view the CRYOTEK misb C-10++ Ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

Cybertron Dark Scorponok in box

TriBlurr
    By TriBlurr,

tfracetrack.com not longer exist?

Rodr-Evil
    By Rodr-Evil,

Well, I'm used this site for the cool scans of G1's instructions and now the site not working  :tdown

link

Any of you know another similar site?

Thanx.

Galaxy Force Screamer

The Librarian
    By The Librarian,

This morning, I got my first two imported Transformers EVER: Robotmaster's Air Hunter (now known as Rook for reasons too complicated to explain) and Galaxy Force Starscream. I had actually given up hope of getting this figure before the fabled two pack arrived in the UK sometime between here and the end of the world, but a chance glance on another website revealed a certain online store had just restocked with them at £19.99 a piece and I jumped at it.

So here are my thoughts on the aerospace commander. As I am not the wealthiest of collecters, and usually at the mercy of Hasbro UK's appaling distribution, I can only compare him to the other SS I have: the Armada version.

I may post some pictures later, though there are enough on the web to make them unnecessary:

The Presentation

OK, seeing as this is my first sortie into Takara’s products, I might as well comment on the packaging and paraphernalia that comes with the figure. The box is…a box. It serves the purpose of presenting the toy and showing off the rest of the line, but it’s nothing to write home about. The battle scene is nice and the cell-shaded artwork is OK, but nothing earth shattering. The catalogue on the other hand…Hasbro needs to pay attention. Being a poor linguist, none of it made any sense but the presentation of the line is far better done than the US/UK style. The manga artwork is fantastic!

And the instructions, made up from real photographs (as I’m sure everyone knows) are so much clearer that Hasbro’s schematic that I’m astonished they never did it. Then again, they can’t take proper photos of their products to save their lives.

The Figure

The main event! Packaged in jet mode, Starscream is reasonably big and definitely predatory in design. With extra gun attached he has access to blistering arsenal of 5 weapons. This may not seem much, but most of his latter day incarnations have usually only had 2 obvious weapons (at a stretch). Plus, if so desired, he can unleash his blades. These would only be useful if he were attacking someone on his flanks, as they don’t stretch particularly far forward, but it looks reasonable.

Disguised? At first glance, one cannot see too many indications that this is anything more than a futuristic space fighter. However, the head is somewhat visible, sitting towards the aft. Nothing major, and certainly not as bad as Armada’s ‘lets just leave the arms sticking out’ design.

Transformation is easy, but not unsatisfying. The only odd point is the ‘wings’ that end up on his upper arms. They are hinged, but neither the instructions nor the art use this facility. With them folded back, he’d have less problems getting through a door, but this is something left entirely to one’s own discretion.

First off, this IS Starscream. Anyone who tells you otherwise is blind or lying. Regal, majestic, imposing and however many words he would use to describe himself, they all fit. The colours (grey, red, black and a hint of gold) flow together nicely, bringing up the details a treat. Now, this is clearly based on War Within Screamer (to state the obvious) but it is NOT said design. It has its own shape that takes hints from WW, but mixes them in with a healthy dose of ‘Amardaverse’. Think of it as A. Starscream’s bigger brother (well, actually, the figure is slightly shorter (head to head) than the Armada version).

The head, for instance, set in a neutral grimace, is the G1 version with Armada’s crown vents. The cockpit is in approximately the same place as Armada’s. And the colour scheme is a darkened version of the master swordsman’s.

Construction wise, Screamer is much improved over his Armada counterpart. The ‘hump back’ is still present, but much reduced, flanked by his tailfin halves. He has roughly the same leg articulation but with the much needed lateral hip and forward ankle joints. His head turns, though it cannot elevate. The arms… Now, a lot has been said about the limitations of this figure’s arms. And compared to some figures, they are. He can rotate them all the way around, bend them at the elbows and swing them out to about 30 degrees. And 10 degrees inwards. The small forearms don’t bother me. They are preferable to the monkey arms on the Armada version. And so far, I have found all this to be more that adequate for posing purposes. I have taken the view that the arms simple could not have been designed any differently with the transformation scheme this figure has. Certainly, it’s not excellent, but it’s not the disaster some people seem to believe it to be.

Gimmick and Accessories

The handheld gun is nice. Nothing fantastic but nice. It is a good way of giving the figure the obligatory spring-loaded missile without messing up the toy itself. It can be slung under his back unit when not in use. The forcechip is also nice. As this is my first contact with this gimmick, I have nothing to compare it with save past gimmicks. Not as interesting as a Minicon, but not as bulky either. And contrary to popular opinion, it can be stored: you put it in the slot but don’t push it in all the way…Ok, it’s not really proper storage, but it works. The swords are excellently done. They appear in a second flat and are superbly detailed. True he can’t cross them like he does in the show but, lets face it, how many TFs have ever been able to mimic the poses of their animated counterparts?

In Conclusion

A very well done figure that compares well with past incarnations of this character. He will certainly be taking his place at the head of my mighty Decepticon air force…all five of them…

(The above is all my opinion and everyone else is entitled to their own, yadda, yadda, yadda....)

PS: If this is in the wrong place or someone thinks it shouldn't be here at all, please feel free to move/delete)

Question on the Smaller Figures

Artimus Gigan
    By Artimus Gigan,

There are supposedly going to be smaller scale fully transformable figures of Hotshot, Optimus, megatron and Starscream. Are these going to be hard to get or an exclusive of some sort?

Optimus Prime isn't Jewish...

Artimus Gigan
    By Artimus Gigan,

Either that or he converted...because in Galaxy Force/Cybertron, Vector Prime has a 3rd mode...

vectorprime.jpg

He acts as the Cybertronian Pope

Looks like the Deluxe two-packs have come back.

I.S.T.
    By I.S.T.,

My local wal-mart(the one near Sheppard Air Force Base in northern Texas.) just got in a boatload of the damned things. I saw about 30 of them, probably more. still only going as far as Demolisher though. None of the Deluxes that came after that.

What if... Alpha Trion left Cybertron for Earth?

Primus-feather
    By Primus-feather,

You heard me,  I was in at work today and say a shelf with 1:24 size cars on it and one stuck out in my mind (more on that in a sec).  If Alpha Trion ever left Cybertron for ANY reason to earth, what would his alt be??? Personally I see as a VW Bus, rusty, and with Peace colors inside.  Any thoughts?  I dont recall anything like this thread before.

Rumble Drones

Artimus Gigan
    By Artimus Gigan,

Anyone think that Hasbro is going to release all the repaints for this? Honeslty I have all the Energon Drones and would really like more drones in this line.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE