The wreckers

WereFox2009

Has anyone noticed that the Wreckers are insulting the people who they were targeted at? I mean look at them, a fat red neck, a red neck in a baseball cap, and a red neck with a mullet, not to mention they went from the transformers universe's dirty dozen-to-mechanics.... really? and the scores on their fireblast? um... they're covered in friggin guns and missile batteries!!! if they end up with retarded voice overs then we have a replacement for the twins. :awsum thanks Bay, we now have another reason to hate you.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Racing cars + rednecks = Nascar :tflaugh

Besides G1 Ironhide was a redneck :tfevil

I don't even pay any attention to the stats on the bio's

I'd wait until we saw the movie. Right now all we know is that they're meant to look like rednecks, but it doesn't mean that he's going to screw up the characters.

all it takes is one accusation, and then you have every news media jumping the bandwagon and covering the assumption likes its fact and news. i haven't opened up my Roadbuster or Top Spin yet so i can't say i agree with you or deny what you think.

This could just be Bay giving these characters more of a human aspect. It could be just like when people move from one location to another. Over time, you start picking up words, phrases, and mannerisms of the region. It's a subconscious thing that you might not notice that you pick up over time. Again, we haven't heard their voices but if these Autobots are around rednecks a lot, why shouldn't they start picking up their mannerisms and try to blend in. They pick Earth mode vehicles. Why wouldn't they want to sound like the people of Earth too?

But as far as these went from being total bad asses to mechanics, i agree. They better wreck and rule in the movie.

Yeah, I called this one as soon as I saw the prototypes for the toys.

It's not like Bay's known for subtlety, so it makes sense that he'd go for the most obvious personality stereotype there. I'm sure they'll end up with Jim Varney/Larry the Cable Guy voices and be the white trash equivalent of the Twins. Yeah, it's stupid and offensive, but it's Bay, and that's how he rolls.

And I always thought of Ironhide as being a tough old career soldier who was rough around the edges, but not a redneck.

He went after the one crowd nobody in the media cares if they offend.

Seriously we don't need to start this all over again. whatever it is...just get over it!

You want cartoons and animated characters with no character? Fine. Voice them through a generic speak and spell voice, give them all generic looks, and call it a day. Because if you want to get so technical, then any voice for any character that mimics humans should never be used. They all mimic real people, so SOMEONE can always take it the wrong way...therefore because a tiny fraction of people can get offended, it's dangerous so we should just stop it all together.

It would be silly logic, it's a silly subject and we should all be more mature than this by now. Nobody should be getting crucified for creating characters people can easily relate to, whether it's a giant robot or a lion king.

This is news huh?

I think people are just seeing what they want/expect to see.

Archived