• Last Reply

Well, the Wave 2 case looks like this:

2x Prowl

1x Sunstreaker

2x Octane

2x Galvatron

1x Acid Storm

so that may be why.

Well, I DID see this fat guy the other day in Wal-Mart. He was in the toy aisle on his knees in front of the TF section. As I approached him, I could hear him sobbing softly. "I say, my good man, you appear to be in a bit of a pickle. Is there some why that I might assist you?" He looked up at me tears streaming down his cheeks, "It's just not fair that they did this?" "To whom are you referring?" I asked? He had a white streak of dried mucous under one nostril. "HASBRO! 'Tisn't FAIR!" "Why, my good lad, whatever would you mean?"

He held aloft an Acid Storm figure, MISP except for a small bit of cardboard that looked like it had been chewed off. "THIS!!!! This...ATROCITY!"

I looked at him quizzically for a moment, unsure if I wanted to delve further into the young man's mindset. I implored the young man "But, the Classics seeker mold is, by most accounts, an excellent figure. Hasbro has already given us three excellent updates of Generation 1 characters using that very mold. And now they've even used it to give us an homage to an obscure character. It's almost like, they're giving the older fans something neat while at the same time bringing the younger fans in to the franchise."

Immediately he rose to his feet, dropped the figure, grabbed my lapel and thrust me against the opposite side of the aisle. "Don't you see? Don't you understand? They're toying with us. We don't want a repaint of some figure that appeared in a single frame of the G1 cartoon? We want the REAL THING!" I opened my mouth, tried to utter something about Botcon, but all I got out was "B-b-but...B-Botcon..."

He released me "I don't want to hear any more about BOTCON! That's just part of the whole plan. To SCREW with us. To make half of the set available at retail, and then make the other half so unobtainable as to be pointless. They don't care about the fans..."

He dropped to the floor, resigned, picked up the Acid Storm figure, "And now they do this..." He was no longer paying attention to me, he was simply holding the figure in one hand, caressing it carefully in the other. "Acid Storm," he muttered. "Shortpacked..."

I turned and walked away, ready to leave the episode behind me. As I stood in the self check-out lane, scanning a package of Jack Link's Teriyaki Beef Nuggets, I heard a wail, almost inaudible, coming from the toy section...

"WHERE MAH SEEKURZ AT!"

True story.

I still haven't seen ANY Galvatrons. I've seen a few Acid Storms, though. Really, I can't find any deluxe Universe figs in the stores except Sunstreaker and (some of) Prowl.

2x Prowl

1x Sunstreaker

2x Octane

2x Galvatron

1x Acid Storm

so that may be why.

Maybe I'll be able to pick up a few Acidstorms in a month or 2. When they become a little more prevalent.

2x Prowl

1x Sunstreaker

2x Octane

2x Galvatron

1x Acid Storm

so that may be why.

Maybe I'll be able to pick up a few Acidstorms in a month or 2. When they become a little more prevalent.

There will be 2 in the Wave 3 cases and only 1 Galvatron, the new figures will be

2x Sideswipe

2x Blue/Silver/streak

1x Ironhide.

Archived