TFA: Speed Racer Transformers

Hunter Rose

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wikkid over at Sector70 has taken up a similar project for me. Although I am still working on completing the TFA versions of these characters, here is a classics inspired one, which will retain all of the accessories from the model (such as jump jacks and saw blades) but also have working headlights!!!

Haven't had much time to invest in this but here's what I have done up till tonight.

mach5e.jpg

^^Decided to go with the classic Mirage mold cause

a: it's awsome

b: has a near perfect wheelbase

c: will allow the interior to be put into place

mach5c.jpg

^^The homing bird still fits in under the hood panel..............

mach5d.jpg

^^...........and winds up on the robot modes crotch.

mach5j.jpg

^^This is how it sits now until I get back from holidays. Needs putty work on the front end to tighten the gaps. This kit is made out of some wierd plastic that cuts easy but can fuck up just as easily.

mach5a.jpg

^^The robot mode layout will be similar to this. I want the turbine engine to sit on the gut and be a focal point of the design as the movie put alot of emphasis on the mechanical end of racing. The seats will collapse and form the robo b00bs. The rear section of the car will remain on the back to house the jump legs/bow staff weopon and will retain the hinges allowing the truck to be opened to view the engine................... and large boy head that will be in there.

The foot hinge will need to be lengthened as the don't quite fold out properly yet.

Being that fitting or designing a head isn't part of this tutorial, figured I'd ask j00 d00ds what would work best. Sooo, what kinda head do you think Hutner wood like?

mach5b.jpg

^^ This d00d came with my 1/24 Honda City model and fits the classics scale just awsomely. I'm thinkin throw a removeable helmet on him and it's all good, no?

Archived