Video Review of Animated Shockwave

Timothy.R

Can't believe I watched the same video as you guys. That toy is bad, just really bad. Not a fan of the animated line in any way, and this junker just confirms that the animated line is nothing but garbage. Vehicle modes look totally bland and boring, and robot mode/s are uninteresting as well. Not shockwave-like in the least. Just a generic bland model.

:tflaugh I have the feeling you might be bias to G1 *looks at avatar*

My comment that I was gonna make is, Why would an intelligence officer need to turn into a Cybertronian crane? He's a member of the elite gaurd. Does he move books? I'd assume that all info on Cybertron is electronic.

I think he was assigned to intelligence-gathering after entering Boot Camp, right? Probably didn't spend too much time in crane form at that.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't believe I watched the same video as you guys. That toy is bad, just really bad. Not a fan of the animated line in any way, and this junker just confirms that the animated line is nothing but garbage. Vehicle modes look totally bland and boring, and robot mode/s are uninteresting as well. Not shockwave-like in the least. Just a generic bland model.

:tflaugh I have the feeling you might be bias to G1 *looks at avatar*

My comment that I was gonna make is, Why would an intelligence officer need to turn into a Cybertronian crane? He's a member of the elite gaurd. Does he move books? I'd assume that all info on Cybertron is electronic.

He uses it to hoist cameras up into high places? Dangle possible informants over a pit of sharkticons?

~Matt Booker

What a A**. This is the first review of this figure that everyone is excited about getting, and this guy goes and blows his :fail on us. How about you WATCH the series and then come back and tell us all that. YOu have to be come one with the show first and you are acting like most fans did before they knew what :animated was about. Give it a chance and dont be so judgemental

On another note, this figure is :awsum and ROCKS hard. I loooooovvv the Shockwave head, "antlers" (as Peaugh says it ;) ), and faction symbol switch box! Thanks Peaugh for letting us see this first and foremost by YOU a great reviewer, transformer (better then some that are so excited they pull an all time :fail b/c they want to be first and havent yet learned HOW to tform them yet), and a honest decent fan. Not out to ruin anyones parade

This figure has just moved to the top of my WANT list, when in retail of course. :)

If I'm an A** because I think the animated show is trash, then I'm happy to be an A**. I did watch the first few episodes and I thought they were unwatchable. The animated toys are all Fail as well because they match the crappy animation style of the show.

I was simply stating my opinion that for a shockwave toy it's pure Fail. The review just showed what a bland looking thing this is. When the first pics of the inbox pics of shockwave came out I thought it looked bad, and the review did nothing to change my mind on that. Nothing against the reviewer, he didn't make the toy.

I just can't understand why you all are so excited about this thing when it could be any generic tf with a shockwave name slapped onto it. It's not like it's a MP Shockwave, it's a cheesy turret with antlers on it's head in robo mode. The secondary alt mode is barely transformed from turret mode, same goes for the secondary robo mode.

Animated first gives us the best starscream ever.

Then they continue and give us the best Blitzwing ever.

Now they're going for the gold with the best SHOCKWAVE ever!

I LOVE how the head transforms between modes. Both modes look solid and neat and even the alt modes look great. I have no doubt now that you can completely hide the green eyes in Shockwave mode.

WHY ISNT THIS TOY OUT RIGHT NOW?!?!!? :tfsad

Off-topic Ramble: If only we had Devastator too. With all these best-evers, Devy would've been incredible. *sigh* Then again, is there a particular reason we have not yet seen either of the Constructicon toys? Maybe Devy is planned and Hasbro is holding off on these 2 as toys until they know how they'll combine? Hmm?

I was simply stating my opinion that for a shockwave toy it's pure Fail.

And you think this one below is not the shittiest Shockwave?

That might be a crappy shockwave but atleast it resembles shockwave slightly. This new animated one looks nothing at all like a shockwave. I don't see any resemblence at all in this new version.

I was simply stating my opinion that for a shockwave toy it's pure Fail.

And you think this one below is not the shittiest Shockwave?

Energon_Shockblast_toy.jpg

Hey... I liked Shockblast...

And to the poster above who doesn't seem to like Animated, let me just say that you are quite lucky to live in a time when 3 different toy lines are out there -- Animated, Movie, and Classics. Pick your favorite, stick to it, and let us enjoy what may be the best transformers toys ever.

I'd hardly call it lucky. I don't like the movie or animated lines at all, and there are very few of the classics that I like as well. So all in all there is really not much out there that I'm willing to spend money on TF wise. I had more fun collecting TF's 4 years ago than I do now.

Ruined_forever.jpg

Angst is lulzy.

That being said, too much is annoying. It's great to have an opinion, even if it's contrary to the majority of the people on here. But maybe don't overdo it, or people are going to think you're trying to anger them.

You're new here, and you could be a nice guy, but angry rants in a thread in honor of the awesomer of all Shockwaves where people not just like the toy but are creaming themselves, well, that's just going to color our opinion of you before you get a fair chance. There's plenty of places on this board where people aren't pleasuring themselves with the idea of this best shockwave evar talking about how much they like shockwave.

Again, good to have an opinion. But don't come off as an angry jerk. We'll have enough of those come TF2... :D

~Matt Booker

Archived