Video Review of Animated Shockwave

Timothy.R

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe I watched the same video as you guys. That toy is bad, just really bad. Not a fan of the animated line in any way, and this junker just confirms that the animated line is nothing but garbage. Vehicle modes look totally bland and boring, and robot mode/s are uninteresting as well. Not shockwave-like in the least. Just a generic bland model.

Can't believe I watched the same video as you guys. That toy is bad, just really bad. Not a fan of the animated line in any way, and this junker just confirms that the animated line is nothing but garbage. Vehicle modes look totally bland and boring, and robot mode/s are uninteresting as well. Not shockwave-like in the least. Just a generic bland model.

ShipmentofFail.jpg

What a A**. This is the first review of this figure that everyone is excited about getting, and this guy goes and blows his :fail on us. How about you WATCH the series and then come back and tell us all that. YOu have to be come one with the show first and you are acting like most fans did before they knew what :animated was about. Give it a chance and dont be so judgemental

On another note, this figure is :awsum and ROCKS hard. I loooooovvv the Shockwave head, "antlers" (as Peaugh says it ;) ), and faction symbol switch box! Thanks Peaugh for letting us see this first and foremost by YOU a great reviewer, transformer (better then some that are so excited they pull an all time :fail b/c they want to be first and havent yet learned HOW to tform them yet), and a honest decent fan. Not out to ruin anyones parade

This figure has just moved to the top of my WANT list, when in retail of course. :)

Having seen the video, I hope they do repaint him G1 colors, he would be ace in purple tbh ^^

And the face swap is intriguing. Hope I can get my claws on a Shockwave so I can see how it works ^^

Peaugh does a text review along with his video one. In that thread, buried somewhere, is a few pictures of his head transforming in detail.

What's really amazing to me is the fact that while the animation model is flat black, and Hasbro could have easily gone that route, they -didn't-. There are a TON of details on Shockwave's face that you can only really see if the lighting is right.

:tflaugh I have the feeling you might be bias to G1 *looks at avatar*

My comment that I was gonna make is, Why would an intelligence officer need to turn into a Cybertronian crane? He's a member of the elite gaurd. Does he move books? I'd assume that all info on Cybertron is electronic.

Having seen the video, I hope they do repaint him G1 colors, he would be ace in purple tbh ^^

And the face swap is intriguing. Hope I can get my claws on a Shockwave so I can see how it works ^^

Peaugh does a text review along with his video one. In that thread, buried somewhere, is a few pictures of his head transforming in detail.

What's really amazing to me is the fact that while the animation model is flat black, and Hasbro could have easily gone that route, they -didn't-. There are a TON of details on Shockwave's face that you can only really see if the lighting is right.

Ah cool, thanks. Checked out the thread this morning, but didn't get past the third page ^^

The purple digi-repaints look awesome :D

/edit: I recently got a bionicle keychain, with a red led light on, was basically a red led + 2 of those small batteries.. Would be awesome to swap the eye with a red led and a battery, and a few discrete wires :D

I was already excited about this toy, but now, seeing it in action, I want it even more! The pictures made it look so simplistic, but really it's a very involved toy. And it's "weakest" mode, the crane, still has a few really neat features!

Thanks for the review! I can't wait for this to hit stores.

Archived