Could Transformers Animated toys be brighter in color?

MikePrime

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I caused all this nonsense I thought I would explain myself with this simple visual example.

My contention is that the color was meant to be this:

post-2686-1221419023_thumb.jpg

But then ended up as this:

post-2686-1221419041_thumb.jpg

The first color is blue while the second color is the same blue with a was of black over it, at 20% opacity. That's what I'm talking about. Not gloss, the intensity of the color. Now, Ratchet for example is not really white. Some will say, oh, but he's old and that's okay, but it did make me not care for the toy enough to keep it. Grimlock has this same problem. On a scale of light to dark color tones, I feel like all of the colors on Grimlock need to go up a couple of notches, towards the light end of the scale. Leader class Megatron is another example. The gray is so dark that it ruins the stature of the toy in robot mode.

There are exceptions. Optimus Prime does not have this problem, but that's a result of the required color scheme. Bumblebee is all right. On the other end, Prowl is just fine in black and gold. Bulkhead looks good as he is too.

Archived