Review: Animated Blitzwing Figure

Blitz-Wing

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty darn cool figure; one note: you can lock Blitz's thruster/tailfin section into his feet to improve the stability of his jet mode. I just found him at the Wal-Mart "old figure pallet" and immediately painted his chinstraps, the straps on his front utility belt, and a small bit of purple and tan treads black, his ankle and wrist details purple, and that's about all it really needed. I agree, the nosecone really needs some way to lock into place, as does the top of the fuselage since the purple panels on his arms tend to push it up slightly.

Another great review. This is one of the few times where I got a figure before reading your review of it, but as always a good read. :thumb

Two things, though.

You'll get more articulation from the shoulders if you transform his backpack differently. Fold the cannons down so they're in 'tank' position and then spin the backpack around. This will make the cannons stick up more and they won't get in the way of his shoulders.

Second, there are two commonly accepted ways of positioning his backpack during jet mode. One is the way you did, and the other is moving the backpack further towards the end of the jet and locking the pegs into the holes on his feet. The first way leaves no gap, but has the backpack floppy.

Just a matter of taste which one you do (I got over the gap, as well as the tank kibble, because Blitzwing seems mentally unstable enough to try and haphazardly slap together as much of the two scanned forms as he could fit onto his frame.), but you might want to edit the review to at least mention that it can lock in.

And thanks for the mention! Your reviews are one of the reasons I joined this site instead of just lurking, so it was great to be mentioned. :)

~Matt Booker

Pretty darn cool figure; one note: you can lock Blitz's thruster/tailfin section into his feet to improve the stability of his jet mode. I just found him at the Wal-Mart "old figure pallet" and immediately painted his chinstraps, the straps on his front utility belt, and a small bit of purple and tan treads black, his ankle and wrist details purple, and that's about all it really needed. I agree, the nosecone really needs some way to lock into place, as does the top of the fuselage since the purple panels on his arms tend to push it up slightly.

Sounds cool. Got any pictures? :)

~Matt Booker

Guest Primal-Convoy

Thanks for the review. However, to be honest, Ive seen and played with this figure and Im not a fan. The jet mode is awful: The nosecone is too short, the wings are too short and the tank treads etc make the whole jet mode very unbelievable. Even the G1 version which had its faults, was more streamlined in that mode.

A big fat fail for me im afraid.

Great review.

The jet does look a bit holy in some places but I for one don't mind the enlarged tank treads.

Bot mode does look pretty spot on and the articulation decent.

Can't wait for this one to eventually show up.

I love my Blitzwing I found him in the UK last week, alone and in a battered box at the bottom of a sdhelf of TF movie toys, I was chuffed.

I second what somedude has already mentioned, which is that in Jet mode if you spin his gun turrets so the firing bar is not aligned with the rear of his jet you can lock his feet and the gun turrett base together, makes for a more stable jet mode.

One of the best TF's I have ever bought and the 3 faces are a hoot, if hard to spin, I nearly broke a nail trying ot do it the proper way so now I just spin his face with my hands.

Archived