Awesomer Blitzwing - A Step By Step ADVENTURE by Matt Booker

Matt Booker

Awesome, informative and hilarious.

Awesome job.

Regarding the mod. Looks simple enough but I'll see how much the wings bother me as are whenever I find one.

I'm not a big fan of slicing up my toys as well as dissecting them. I'm no kitbasher and normally don't mind my figures the way they are.

*Has no problem with Jazz.*

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay. I saw the bit about the tab on his back. The problem I have is the tab formed from when his half wing sets are pushed together for jet mode. When I put it in tank mode and then either try and go back to jet or go to robot mode, I have to pull but feel like at some point I might break the thing. There seems to be a stress mark already. Any thoughts Matt?

BTW, nice Triforce tat. I've been playing Twilight Princess on my Wii...again :D ...I love that game (well, any Zelda game, but Twilight and Ocarina are by far my absolute faves).

Well, it should work pretty much the same way as the tab on his back. Just barely shave off a bit with a blade of some sort. If it's sticking, the tab formed when the wings are together is just a bit too big. Be warned, shave off too much and the turret won't lock on at all.

If you're not comfortable with the blade method, a little sandpaper should do the trick as well.

And thanks about the tattoo. :D I recently replayed Windwaker with my fiancee, who had never played a Zelda game before. It was still fresh and fun, and possibly my favorite. I like its almost fairytale contrast of cheerful bright and nightmarish dark.

I liked the first part (cut a hole in the box), part 3 (Subdue Blitzwing) and part 4 (examine the wings)! :tflaugh I may have to consider this once I have Blitzy, though he may be subdued more subtly... Or not! :tfgrin

I was wondering if anybody would get that old SNL joke. ;)

As for step 4, I had Blitzwing sitting around wingless while I took a few pictures and thought Megatron should have some great advice to offer on it.

I found Blitzwing in Toys R Us at Gateshead in the UK yesterday along with Soundwave, Jazz and Snarl, what a happy, if expensive Friday it turned out to be, i will attempt this mod later on today. Cheers dude.

Let me know how well it goes. Hopefully Soundwave plays nice with Blitzwing. ;)

Awesome, informative and hilarious.

Awesome job.

Regarding the mod. Looks simple enough but I'll see how much the wings bother me as are whenever I find one.

I'm not a big fan of slicing up my toys as well as dissecting them. I'm no kitbasher and normally don't mind my figures the way they are.

*Has no problem with Jazz.*

Thanks. I used to never mod my figures, but the animated line and Jin's post about fixing them kind of pushed me in that direction. I don't do major custom stuff, but now if there's something that bugs me about a figure I try to fix it. :)

If the wings bug you, at least you'll have a guide to help. If they don't bother you, well that just means less chance of you cutting yourself.

And what's the matter with Jazz? I don't have/want him so I haven't paid much attention to any problems/fixes with him.

~Matt Booker

Subtle - Oil Slick slips Blitzwing a drink.

Not-so-subtle - knocked out by Slag and his Cheeto of DOOM! :tflaugh

And as far as Animated Jazz goes, he's fine as long as you position everything right when converting to vehicle, or the doors won't clip together.

Matt, I LOVE the humor you put into your posts: Soundwave brining blitzwing was outrageous (I almost peed myself laughing!!!) and 1: CUT A HOLE IN THE BOX???!!! Man, you are something else!

I look forward to more of your posts, My friend.

--WV

Matt, I LOVE the humor you put into your posts: Soundwave brining blitzwing was outrageous (I almost peed myself laughing!!!) and 1: CUT A HOLE IN THE BOX???!!! Man, you are something else!

I look forward to more of your posts, My friend.

--WV

Thanks again. :D I know I laughed alot while taking the pictures and writing the guide, and that reminds me of something I try to keep in mind when working on my books. It's a quote by Robert Frost, and goes, "No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader."

I have a few ides for Lugnut, once I get him, but I don't know if it'll be enough for another guide.

And even though the trade is already agreed upon, I laughed at this picture again so I'm posting it here as well.

optimustradeax9.png

:tflaugh

~Matt Booker

Thanks. I used to never mod my figures, but the animated line and Jin's post about fixing them kind of pushed me in that direction. I don't do major custom stuff, but now if there's something that bugs me about a figure I try to fix it. :)

If the wings bug you, at least you'll have a guide to help. If they don't bother you, well that just means less chance of you cutting yourself.

Ever since the movie line hit last year, I've modded almost every figure. Usually for better articulation, sometimes to improve a certain feature (e.g. Movie Leader Megatron's mace weapon now has a nice slender chain that is contained entirely within the forearm).

And to avoid cutting yourself, use a very sharp new blade, and replace it often. A sharp blade is actually safer than a dull one, bec. you don't have to use as much force to make it work. A dull blade requires extra effort, and when it slips it'll still go thru flesh pretty easily. When a new blade slips, you weren't pushing on it that hard to begin with, so you can usually stop it before the red stuff leaks out.

*gets back to Blitzwing wing modding*

I enjoyed the review as well; however, the positioning of Blitz's wings don't really bother me enough to cut the plastic ridges, and the fit of the backpack on the tabs isn't too tight. I did, however, do my customary paint detailing to make the character slightly more on-model; I am debating whether it would be a good idea to paint the space below his knees black...

gallery_2475_322_214386.jpg

I enjoyed the review as well; however, the positioning of Blitz's wings don't really bother me enough to cut the plastic ridges, and the fit of the backpack on the tabs isn't too tight. I did, however, do my customary paint detailing to make the character slightly more on-model; I am debating whether it would be a good idea to paint the space below his knees black...

gallery_2475_322_214386.jpg

Very cool. :)

As for the knees, I'm debating that as well. I've seen some people have posted pictures where they have (I think Dave Willis of Shortpacked did.), but I haven't decided if I like it yet.

One thing I'm really thinking about doing is giving him some teeth in angry mode. Splash some white paint in his mouth and a little dab of black in the middle for a gap.

~Matt Booker

Archived