Update 9/7/08 With Other Photos ** New City Commander Images at BBTS

Timothy.R

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG! THAT IS A B.M.F. Gun!!! I still like his G1 trailor better, because you can actually see the cars in it. You know what? If he has color changes, I think Hasbro might even also make him into Metroplex.lol Man, there are just too many transformers. Sadly I'm not that rich enough to get them all. That would be a nice christmas gift though.lol :tfpwn *Check out my G1 Sky Lynx repaint

That trailer is going to be the greatest unofficial Transformers product ever. Out of everything that has been made, the UM trailer is the one thing everyone should have.

I have been a lurker here for a LONG time, but your post begged me to join. A very strong statement about a trailer that to me looks very clunky and, at least in vehicle mode, appears totally functionless- what kind of trailer is it supposed to be??? Granted it's an improvement in robot mode, but a far cry from the greatest unofficial TF product ever. At least 2 better come to my mind- the Justitoys Masterpiece Prime and Megatron add-ons are quite nice and are much cheaper than this. Furthermore, I would argue that Prime's Justitoys trailer actually LOOKS better than the Takara version though unfortunately it doesn't transform.

I own Classics Magnus, and would love a trailer for him and all of my other cabs that are currently trailer-less. This set, however, is not the answer to my prayers and I will be passing.

Hasbro/TakTom really need to step up to the plate and start making trailers again. A cab without one IMO looks silly.

:wtf Are you high?

No offence, but I have to agree with Mike Prime. This is indeed the best non-official TF accessory to date. The trailer may not be 100% realistic, but the cab that Magnus transforms into isn't either. The aesthetic of the trailer fits the aesthetic of the cab. And the robot mode is pure Ultra Magnus awesomeness.

The MP add-ons, while cool, were not really necessary for Megatron or Prime's character representation. This trailer, however, is necessary regarding a "proper" Classics Ultra Magnus.

You can disagree with me on that point, no biggie. I am, however, very perplexed that you don't think this is a suitable trailer/armour set for Classics Magnus.

IMO it's perfect and you're expecting too much out of both Hasbro/TT and the fine folks who make these add-on accessories.

I'm not expecting too much. If Has/Tak could make a G1 Ultra Magnus in 1986 that was functional in vehicle mode with trailer, but a brick in robot mode, then I expect that by 2008 they can do better. I'm sick of Ultra Magnus as white OP. This custom add-on does try to pick up hasbro's slack, but I think it could and SHOULD be better. Again, what kind of trailer is it supposed to be in vehicle mode? A car carrier? Does it perform that function? It doesn't appear to do so. I admit, it makes robot mode look better, but again it is far from being the "greatest unofficial product ever." Therein lies my issue.

We can agree to disagree, and I sincerely hope you like your $76 unofficial modification. I also hope we start seeing even better pictures soon.

Based on cost and functionality, it is the greatest unofficial Transformer product. The Classics Cliffjumper set costs too much for what it is, as does the Coronation Starscream set. The upgrade kit for MP Megatron is good, but it's still just a bunch of add on parts. WST Dinobots are good, and I have them all, but there are some QC issues and the stickers sheets are awful. The MP Optimus Prime trailer made by Justitoys doesn't transform. The upcoming MP Roller is nice, but there's nothing about that screams, "must have," to me. The Ultra Magnus trailer allows us to have Classics Ultra Magnus as he should be. It is highly unlikely that Hasbro or Tomy would ever make such a thing.

That trailer is going to be the greatest unofficial Transformers product ever. Out of everything that has been made, the UM trailer is the one thing everyone should have.

I have been a lurker here for a LONG time, but your post begged me to join. A very strong statement about a trailer that to me looks very clunky and, at least in vehicle mode, appears totally functionless- what kind of trailer is it supposed to be??? Granted it's an improvement in robot mode, but a far cry from the greatest unofficial TF product ever. At least 2 better come to my mind- the Justitoys Masterpiece Prime and Megatron add-ons are quite nice and are much cheaper than this. Furthermore, I would argue that Prime's Justitoys trailer actually LOOKS better than the Takara version though unfortunately it doesn't transform.

I own Classics Magnus, and would love a trailer for him and all of my other cabs that are currently trailer-less. This set, however, is not the answer to my prayers and I will be passing.

Hasbro/TakTom really need to step up to the plate and start making trailers again. A cab without one IMO looks silly.

:wtf Are you high?

No offence, but I have to agree with Mike Prime. This is indeed the best non-official TF accessory to date. The trailer may not be 100% realistic, but the cab that Magnus transforms into isn't either. The aesthetic of the trailer fits the aesthetic of the cab. And the robot mode is pure Ultra Magnus awesomeness.

The MP add-ons, while cool, were not really necessary for Megatron or Prime's character representation. This trailer, however, is necessary regarding a "proper" Classics Ultra Magnus.

You can disagree with me on that point, no biggie. I am, however, very perplexed that you don't think this is a suitable trailer/armour set for Classics Magnus.

IMO it's perfect and you're expecting too much out of both Hasbro/TT and the fine folks who make these add-on accessories.

I'm not expecting too much. If Has/Tak could make a G1 Ultra Magnus in 1986 that was functional in vehicle mode with trailer, but a brick in robot mode, then I expect that by 2008 they can do better. I'm sick of Ultra Magnus as white OP. This custom add-on does try to pick up hasbro's slack, but I think it could and SHOULD be better. Again, what kind of trailer is it supposed to be in vehicle mode? A car carrier? Does it perform that function? It doesn't appear to do so. I admit, it makes robot mode look better, but again it is far from being the "greatest unofficial product ever." Therein lies my issue.

We can agree to disagree, and I sincerely hope you like your $76 unofficial modification. I also hope we start seeing even better pictures soon.

Based on cost and functionality, it is the greatest unofficial Transformer product. The Classics Cliffjumper set costs too much for what it is, as does the Coronation Starscream set. The upgrade kit for MP Megatron is good, but it's still just a bunch of add on parts. WST Dinobots are good, and I have them all, but there are some QC issues and the stickers sheets are awful. The MP Optimus Prime trailer made by Justitoys doesn't transform. The upcoming MP Roller is nice, but there's nothing about that screams, "must have," to me. The Ultra Magnus trailer allows us to have Classics Ultra Magnus as he should be. It is highly unlikely that Hasbro or Tomy would ever make such a thing.

:pfx

MP Starscream doesn't really need his coronation set.

MP Prime doesn't really need his trailer (TT gave us an official one anyway, nullifying the unofficial release).

MP Megatron doesn't need his add-ons.

A WST collection doesn't need Dinobot representation.

Classics Cliffjumper doesn't need his upgrade kit.

Classics Ultra Magnus just seems somewhat lacking without a trailer, though.

As for what kind of trailer it is, I see it as a somewhat futuristic trailer. The cab isn't 100% realistic, so I assume it's some kind of cab design from the near future. That seems to work for the trailer as well.

No, it's not realistic, but it complements the aesthetic of the cab perfectly.

As for nicer picks, I took these at TFCon 08 in Toronto....

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Archived