Zoom-Zoom ... by Schlecki02

Schlecki02

It's just one pic ... digibashed ... sort of.

Wasn't even my plan to make a thread about it, sorry ... but while you're looking: whaddaya say ? A pity we did miss that, eh ?

Nice colors / effects ! What I can't fathom is why no enterprising bootleggers (yes, you China!) have found a way to bring us this fantastical creature... We has $$ !

I did the recoloring & fixing of the lights ... didn't even think about naming him. A friend suggested Zoom-Zoom as it's a red Jazz - I just went with it ^^

As for bootlegging it: the Chinese only know how to take a mold apart and recast the parts. Sometimes they even rescale some simple molds (Legends, G1 etc) ...

... but I honestly doubt they would be able to rebuild a complex TF from a picture ! The result would be a Roadbot, with chunky hands, and near to null articulation =/

I like it! If only it could become a physical reality. (That's a hefty reshell!) ;)

And yes, I agree that a built-from-scratch knock-off would be similar to the Roadbots. That's if we're lucky, I've seen much poorer quality Chinese toys than that!

Come to think of it, why on earth aren't they making 1:24 scale Roadbots?! Even if we only used them as kitbashing fodder, they'd still clean up!

*sob* My kingdom for new Alternator moulds!!

Come to think of it, why on earth aren't they making 1:24 scale Roadbots?! Even if we only used them as kitbashing fodder, they'd still clean up!

BUT THEY ARE !!!!

1:24 Roadbots

Edit: for those of you who insist it'd be the S2000 legs with Acura uppoer body ... look again ... ever seen such incredible leg-work on any Alt/BT ? And the arms, shoulders and chest are 100% different than any other too ... ok, some look similar, but not the same

post-10443-1219743734_thumb.jpg

BUT THEY ARE !!!!

1:24 Roadbots

ZOMG, so they are! Wow thanks man, I think I've found my Alt Brawn! :tfdance

And who's saying that the Boxter proto is/was/would've been a Honda or Acura? It's quite clearly a different figure. I don't know if the legs look all that much more complex than the Viper mould, do they? Pity about the hollow forearms though.

ZOMG, so they are! Wow thanks man, I think I've found my Alt Brawn! :tfdance

Share some pics and thoughts on it, when you get one =)

And who's saying that the Boxter proto is/was/would've been a Honda or Acura? It's quite clearly a different figure. I don't know if the legs look all that much more complex than the Viper mould, do they? Pity about the hollow forearms though.

Don't remember ... someone in the Shoutbox insisted that it's a Prowl upper body with Overdrive legs.

And yes, it is more complicated and totally different than the viper legs.

First off the rear bumper folds down and some extension folds out to form the calves (neither Viper nor S2000 mold has calves).

Furthermore the lower leg itself slides down a bit, to make space for the rear bumper parts.

The arms fold into themselves ... quick fix would have been turning them around (hollow side backwards) ;)

The advantage of that is that the arms fold tighter together in car mode, and threrefore fit in a Porsche trunk ...

... meh whatever, this one's not gonna come out anyways =(

Archived