Ultra Magnus question...

Amethyst Ed

BBTS just delivered my Animated Leader Ultra Magnus.

He seems to be missing several paint apps on the forearms, knees and hammer. And mine doesnt even move his mouth or eyebrows when you push the chest button. The voice chip, lights and sounds are cool but I thaught the mouth was suppose to move, too...

At the very least, your Magnus is having an issue with the mouth (apparently everybody else skipped over this), so maybe you contact BBTS about a replacement. I've read on here that they are very good about that sort of thing.

(Or when he hits in stores near you, do an exchange.)

As for the mod, I haven't read the whole thread but the feedback thread for universe Powerglide mentions a fix to lesson the ratcheting joints. Something about them causing too much stress on the figure. I didn't bother reading the whole thread to see what that was about, as I'm not getting Powerglide. But I did mentally file it away in case I run across a figure with something similar.

Maybe it'll help with your Ultra Magnus. :)

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers...erglide-14.html

I probably won't be getting Magnus any time soon. Voyager is about as big as my preferences for tfs get. I really like Leader Bulkhead, but I got him in a trade.

Hope that helped!

~Matt Booker

You guys can all just go to hell for having Ultra Magnus in the first place.

That is all.

:run

BBTS just delivered my Animated Leader Ultra Magnus.

He seems to be missing several paint apps on the forearms, knees and hammer. And mine doesnt even move his mouth or eyebrows when you push the chest button. The voice chip, lights and sounds are cool but I thaught the mouth was suppose to move, too...

At the very least, your Magnus is having an issue with the mouth (apparently everybody else skipped over this), so maybe you contact BBTS about a replacement. I've read on here that they are very good about that sort of thing.

(Or when he hits in stores near you, do an exchange.)

As for the mod, I haven't read the whole thread but the feedback thread for universe Powerglide mentions a fix to lesson the ratcheting joints. Something about them causing too much stress on the figure. I didn't bother reading the whole thread to see what that was about, as I'm not getting Powerglide. But I did mentally file it away in case I run across a figure with something similar.

Maybe it'll help with your Ultra Magnus. :)

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers...erglide-14.html

I probably won't be getting Magnus any time soon. Voyager is about as big as my preferences for tfs get. I really like Leader Bulkhead, but I got him in a trade.

Hope that helped!

~Matt Booker

Thanks for the tip!

Draven's Powerglide ratchet mod:

"Well, I've sorted his leg issues out; I cut off the first notch on the bottom edge of each of the ratcheting pieces on his hip joints. He can stand a LOT better now. I'm revising my robot mode score to 8/10 when modified. Odd how such a tiny thing can make ALL the difference, isn't it?"

I'm not sure this will help Ultra Magnus shoulders, but when I get home, I'll take a look...

Anyone else having ideas on Leader Ultra magnus shoulder fixes???

• 3 weeks later...
I pre-ordered him off BBTS.com... No sign of him on shelves in NJ...

Anyone come up with a shoulder mod, yet?

I've ordered him off of HTS. MUCH cheaper than BBTS and 10% off that to boot. :D

Um, anyway. When I get him, I'll take a look at this shoulder buisness. If it bothers me enough, I may have to try and fix it...

~Matt Booker

Hmm.

Yup, he's up there, but with $8 shipping. Leader-class figs are NEVER hard to find once they enter the retail chain, so I think I can wait.

True. Just saying it was better than BBTS.

I'm moving away from the city, and driving 20 minutes every other day just have wal-mart disappoint me by not having a Swoop or Sentinel is going to be hard on gas. I ordered Magnus while I was at it because it wasn't any extra for shipping. :)

~Matt Booker

Archived