Ultra Magnus question...

Amethyst Ed

Hey TFans,

BBTS just delivered my Animated Leader Ultra Magnus.

He is a massive figure. But I cant seem to find a way to pose his shoulders...

I really want the right arm to be raised and hold the Mass Hammer up high, but his shoulders are VERY limited in articulation... Which is odd, because he has so many joints in the shoulder!

I think the "truck cockpit" is limiting the movement slightly, but I want to know if any of you have figured out a way to pose his shoulders.

HELP!

All and all this figure is OK. Leader Megatron is far superior IMHO...

He seems to be missing several paint apps on the forearms, knees and hammer. And mine doesnt even move his mouth or eyebrows when you push the chest button. The voice chip, lights and sounds are cool but I thaught the mouth was suppose to move, too...

The transform sound chip is great. We all love that sound...

Please let me know what you guys are doing with Leader Ultra Magnus.

Yes. Good call.

The truck cab halves do have a double hinge inside the cab and attached to UM shoulder. I tryed to even bend them at at an angle to increase range of movement... Still needs help.

I really want to twist his shoulder up, so he can hold up his hammer up high...

Has anyone modded his super ratcheted shoulder joints?

The more I rotate the shoulder up the farther back the entire arm bends. Reminds me of a TRex with stubby little arms. That just WONT do for this Elite Commander!

Please HELP!

I hope he hits my area the same time the City Commander set becomes available. I could see him gifting it to Classics Magnus.

Also please if you can show some pics of any solutions you may find for this issue. After all whats the point of weilding a hammer if you can't hold it high(been listening to Man-O-War alot lately).

I do have a question though since you already have the figure. In some pics there's what looks like a blue point coming out of the grill, in others it's not present. Forgive me if this is vague, but whats up with that? I prefer it not there, but cant tell if it's part of a lame feature, or a mistransformation in early pics.

I hope he hits my area the same time the City Commander set becomes available. I could see him gifting it to Classics Magnus.

Also please if you can show some pics of any solutions you may find for this issue. After all whats the point of weilding a hammer if you can't hold it high(been listening to Man-O-War alot lately).

I do have a question though since you already have the figure. In some pics there's what looks like a blue point coming out of the grill, in others it's not present. Forgive me if this is vague, but whats up with that? I prefer it not there, but cant tell if it's part of a lame feature, or a mistransformation in early pics.

was it one of the front guns?

Yes, one of the hidden weapons is a pair of front mounted gatling guns. They are hidden behind 2 silver painted "grill" panels. The silver is nice, but not enough of it. There is some translucent blue plastic up in there, but they chose to paint it over with yellow. As it is connected with one of his truck headlights... Blue would have been better, INHO.

Anyone have a solution to his shoulder joint posing?

PS: Yea, other bands rock but Manowar KILLS!

I am trying to understand the question - my Magnus's arms pose pretty well, actually.

I posted this in the Action Pose thread the other day:

AniUM1.jpg

Can you try to specify what the problem is by using a picture? Then maybe I can try to help. :)

The truck cab halves were likely not positioned right with the OP's figure, and the point where his arms rotates is behind where his shoulder is. As for the hammer, you could try making him hold it further down the handle if the hand is tight enough.

Yea, Leader Ultra Magnus has shoulders that rotate.

But they are set back so far, when you begin to rotate his hand up the shouder goes farther back...

Trying to raise the Hammer up high...

Has anyone modded the shoulders, yet?

There are a few nice ratchet joints and I'm just waiting for a mod to pop up...

Archived