MMO idea.

Trailbreakimus Prime

Who in here think that since they are coming out with all these new MMO and MMORPG games, that they should do a Transformers MMO?

I do. I mean come on, they have DC Universe where you create either a super-villian or Superhero and fight against or alongside DC comics characters! I'd love to see a Transformers MMO.

I'd create a decepticon.

i don't think you two are getting what I was driving at in here. In all the MMOs that I've run across based off of something (be it The Lord of the Rings, World of Warcraft (yes it's based off of something), Star Wars Galaxies, Star Trek Online (working title), or the before mentioned DC Universe), you are not able to "play" as an existing character. You are meant to create a whole new character to represent yourself.

As an example, let's take the Star Trek Online one. (for those aware of Star Trek, you'll understand a lot better than those not aware) You cannot play as Picard, La Forge, Data, Riker, Crusher (both Beverly and Westley), or any other named character (even if it's a character called out by name and seen who 2 seconds later dies)

So to be blunt (which sometimes can be bad) Megatron, Unicron, Optimus Prime, and all the rest (including saddly for me Trailbreaker) wouldn't be playable (however, you COULD interact with them. Like if your an Autobot, you could get orders from Prime or Wheelie.

This post was just to see how each of us would react if they decide to do one (who knows, if Transformers 2 does well, they very might do it. The game based off of the first one was decent, the next evolution would be an MMO (and now i've come full circle)

I've been saying for a long time now that MMO is most definately the way to go to make a cool TF game. There's already 2 sides set up to allow competition/PVP, and the unique customization of TFs makes it pretty good for character creation. The downside is would enough people play it to justify making it? And it'd be tough to write a robust enough character engine to allow all different kinds of alt modes. You'd probably have to limit it to like.. "car", "tank", "jet", etc. The basic archetypes.. pick one of those as opposed to the classes like Barbarian, Wizard or Rogue or whatever. I think it could work and be potentially awesome though.

Trailbreakimus is right though, they'd definately need to lock out any canon characters. Otherwise you'd just see 180 Optimuses and 173 Megatrons on every server. :nuts

This sounds like an interesting idea. I for one think that even with the different archetypes ie tank, car, truck, jet they'd have to give different vehicles like Russian tanks, American tanks, Chinese tanks, Lamborghinis, Porsches, Corvettes, Camaros, Big Rigs, pickups of varying make, and several different types of jets. As well as different possible transformations for them ie Sunstreaker/ Wheeljack type transform, Prowl/ Jazz type transform for the cars, and pickups Optimus/ Magnus transform, Ultra Magnus transform, Rodimus transform, and Motor master transform for the big rigs, Warpath transform, and Megatron transform for the tanks, and then you've got seeker transform, Powerglide transform, and Jetfire transform for the jets. Then of course there would have to be like 100 to 1000 different head designs so everyone isn't running around with the same head. Also they'd have to make it so that you can paint the vehicle/ bot anyway you want to include flames, pin stripes etc. This is probably why we'll probably never see this happen at least not right.

I've been saying for a long time now that MMO is most definately the way to go to make a cool TF game. There's already 2 sides set up to allow competition/PVP, and the unique customization of TFs makes it pretty good for character creation. The downside is would enough people play it to justify making it? And it'd be tough to write a robust enough character engine to allow all different kinds of alt modes. You'd probably have to limit it to like.. "car", "tank", "jet", etc. The basic archetypes.. pick one of those as opposed to the classes like Barbarian, Wizard or Rogue or whatever. I think it could work and be potentially awesome though.

Trailbreakimus is right though, they'd definately need to lock out any canon characters. Otherwise you'd just see 180 Optimuses and 173 Megatrons on every server. :nuts

Yes, yes...

You could sub the general classes for vague classifications of vehicle, so Barbarian could be, say, Heavy Armoured vehicle, giving access to Tanks, APC's and the like, the kind of customisation would allow you to do an M1 Abrams, , make it a point-buy style Stat (Anyone know what that means?) and if you take, say, extra points in firepower, sacrificing speed (lets say) you could go for something Akin to the Apocalypse tank from RA2.

AWESOME.

Some sweet ideas here now. As for the heads, they could go the G1 path and just have a few but reuse them a lot (the jets anyone?).

The vehicle ideas were really good!

And you wouldn't have to get stuck with just PvP action, you could have missions to complete (Decepticons could need to get Energon Cubes or something along the lines, while Autobots could have "Save the Humans") You could even have a "Capture the Flag" kind of game, but instead of flag, it could be The Allspark.

And 2 other factions could be Junkions, and Quintesions. (I can't spell today.)

Archived