Henkei C-07 Sunstreaker & C-08 Prowl Images

News_Editor

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the chromed spoilers on anyone but Sunstreaker...otherwise this is all much more acceptable than the previous Henkei offerings, and I'd say that there is now at least one case of TT making a better figure than Hasbro (Sunstreaker).

But just the one.

And it's still not worth import price.

Ugh. Hate the chrome spoilers. Don't care for the chrome guns (they'll wear so fast, I feel). I do like Prowl's chrome missiles... the lack of paint is crippling for the mold.

So, overall... meh. Wouldn't pay more for them, that's for sure. But yeah, not as bad as SOME of the Henkeis...

I think the whole "chrome sucks" thing is out of hand and you MUST not realize why they are doing this! Its to honor G1 guys and be as faithfull to their old looks as they can. And it works and i think is totally :awsum! These kick way more aass then Habsro and i think most of you are just jealous. Get over it its G1 redone.

That said i REALLY like Prowl & Sunstreaker. The color on Sunstreaker is PURRRRFECT

I think the whole "chrome sucks" thing is out of hand and you MUST not realize why they are doing this! Its to honor G1 guys and be as faithfull to their old looks as they can. And it works and i think is totally :awsum! These kick way more aass then Habsro and i think most of you are just jealous. Get over it its G1 redone.

:roll Yes, I'm jealous.

Look, a lot of the chrome that is being used is put on places that never had Chrome before - Like Bumblebee or Starscream. So how you can call that in honor of the G1 guys is beyond me.

Sunstreaker's chrome is a great homage to the G1 toy. Grimlock's is overdone and looks like a knock-off.

Sorry.

Chrome sucks for the simple reason that eventually it is going to wear off.

*looks at Insecticons in his collection*

Look, a lot of the chrome that is being used is put on places that never had Chrome before - Like Bumblebee or Starscream. So how you can call that in honor of the G1 guys is beyond me.

While what you say is true, it’s in honor of G1 to just have chrome on some part of the figure. Although the chrome’s not where it was originally, to someone who hasn’t kept close track of the hobby, or just remembers the figures from childhood the chrome would still be reminiscent of the originals.

Basically it’s meant to mirror the look of the originals. Although not 100%, just having the chrome might appeal to someone who hasn’t played with the figures since they were young.

Except, you know, on a lot of these, the chrome is the only deviations from the original decos. Were it not for the chrome, a lot of them would be even more slavishly accurate. Plus, you know, a lot better looking.

While what you say is true, it’s in honor of G1 to just have chrome on some part of the figure. Although the chrome’s not where it was originally, to someone who hasn’t kept close track of the hobby, or just remembers the figures from childhood the chrome would still be reminiscent of the originals.

Basically it’s meant to mirror the look of the originals. Although not 100%, just having the chrome might appeal to someone who hasn’t played with the figures since they were young.

Then TT really needs to learn to chrome places where the chrome will look good. Chroming Bumblebee's hubcaps, for example, would be sweet. Chroming that little piece on his hood looks stupid. With Grimlock he does indeed look like a KO because they chromed so much of him that he looks ridiculous because the other parts aren't chromed. If they had chromed say his dino teeth and claws, that would have looked much better.

Fact is TT has been all over the place when it comes to chrome. Sometimes they chrome the parts that were chrome in G1. That's fine. Other times they chrome spots that were never chromed before and it looks :wtf

TT needs to stick with only chroming the parts that were chromed in G1, if possible. If that's not viable then they need to sit down and think long and hard about where the chrome would look best. No just whatever random part of the toy happens to be on the designer's mind.

And the TT chrome fan club needs to drop the "you're all just jealous" line. It's a weak argument. I for one am not jealous that my Classics Starscream lacks random chrome on his null rays that was applied for no real reason.

If you're on board with TT spraying chrome on random parts, cool. I'm sure you can discuss the matter effectively by explaining why you prefer chrome in this spot or that spot. Resorting to "you're just jealous"? That's just weak.

Archived