TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE - to scale or not to scale

janmugar prime

I'm glad Cyclonus is a Deluxe. Voyagers are double the price and pretty much never justify that with added detail/articulation/accuracy. Hell, in my experience the Voyagers tend to be less articulated than the Deluxe figures, since apparently ball joints have trouble holding up that kind of weight and HasTak doesn't always compensate with enough hinge/pivot/swicel joints.

Besides, the only Classics Optimus Prime that actually looks like Optimus Prime was a Deluxe figure, so this guy's perfectly in scale there. Unfortunately, the only Megatron figure ever released that actually looks like Megatron is a Leader (and also turns into a helicopter instead of a gun, but you can't have everything.) Hopefully this won't be the last decent Megatron homage we get, though, and the next one will be in a more appropriate size class.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jeeeezzz!, another guy with an inferiority complex...well anyway.

:lol "Inferiority complex", nice. I was just referring to the fact that TF fans will batch about WHATEVER they get, regardless of WHAT THEY GET.

TF FAN #1: "Wow! A Voyager Inferno, Deluxe Cyclonus w/ Nightstick, and Deluxe Hound w/ Ravage! How cool is this!"

TF FAN #2: "Yeah, but Inferno is a box with feet, Cyclonus is too small, and Hound [iNSERT COMPLAINT HERE]. Once again, Hasbro b!tch-slaps the adult collector."

I'll say it real slow, so simple folks can keep up: WE...ARE..LUCKY...TO GET...THESE TOYS. STFU and enjoy them. If you don't want them, don't buy them.

I am SO DAMN SICK of people pissing and moaning about Powerglide's size/color, Classics seekers missiles being too big, or whatever, Galvatron being too small, etc.

BTW, you b!tching on a fan board will amount to EXACTLY NOTHING. :tmyk Hasbro's not going to rush out and make a new one just for you after reading some fans' posts about how "Cyclonus is too small!!!". Get over yourself, and quit blatantly insulting people on the boards.

ya rly, you'd think people wouldve learned after the bannable offense that complaining about shyt doesn't help. I'm happy as hell to get cyclonus, galvatron, and all the rest. bring on the repaints. I'm buying them. these toys are what we imagined we were getting when we saw them on the shelf 20 years ago. yet people still bytch. "waah I didn't get a minibot powerglide, waah I want a supreme astrotrain, waah I want a grey megatron."

you know what I want? I want hasbro to slow down so I don't go broke buying all these cool @ss toys other people don't want cuz they're not colored/to scale/packaged right.

I'm glad Cyclonus is a Deluxe. Voyagers are double the price and pretty much never justify that with added detail/articulation/accuracy. Hell, in my experience the Voyagers tend to be less articulated than the Deluxe figures, since apparently ball joints have trouble holding up that kind of weight and HasTak doesn't always compensate with enough hinge/pivot/swicel joints.

QF :truthy

If Galvy and Cyclawsomus were not deluxes, I'd have no interest in them. Takes allot for me to like a voyager, I guess.

~Matt Booker

Matter of fact, that I just found out just now that Cyclonus is a Deluxe makes me actually want to get him now (thought he was a Voyager). Under $20 TFs FTW!

the classics/universe triple-changers should have been bigger imo - not so much a "scale" thing though more of a "they're awesome and they would be awesomer if they were bigger" thing

the classics/universe triple-changers should have been bigger imo - not so much a "scale" thing though more of a "they're awesome and they would be awesomer if they were bigger" thing

OK, what do you think of these other examples i tought of:

deluxe size:

TRACKS

SKIDS

HOIST

RED ALERT

BEACHCOMBER

COSMOS

SEASPRAY

TOPSPIN

TWINTWIST

RUNAMOK

RUNABOUT

BONECRUSHER

SCRAPPER

SCAVENGER

LONGHAUL

SHRAPNEL

BOMBSHELL

KICKBACK

VENOM

BARRAGE

CHOPSHOP

RANSACK

SLAG

SNARL

SWOOP

PERCEPTOR

voyager size:

JETFIRE (already)

GRIMLOCK

SLUDGE

THRUST

DIRGE

RAMJET

BLITZWING

ASTROTRAIN

SANDSTORM

SHOCKWAVE

BLASTER

HOOK

MIXMASTER

ROADBUSTER

WHIRL

WARPATH

ultra size:

POWERGLIDE (already)

BROADSIDE (yeah baby!) :tflaugh

leader size:

OMEGA SUPEME

i'd go smaller on beachcomber (scout maybe

bigger on cosmos & seaspray (i always imagined UFO's to be massive & a hovercraft is HUGE)

bigger on the constructicons (they're all "truck" size at least)

smaller on the insecticons (legend or maybe even minicon size)

WAY BIGGER on the dinobots!

shockwave/blaster/perceptor/megatron(gun)/reflector/etc - minicons

cars - deluxe

trucks - voyager

planes - ultra or leader

(i didn't really think too much into them - just brainstorming!)

I'll say it real slow, so simple folks can keep up: WE...ARE..LUCKY...TO GET...THESE TOYS. STFU and enjoy them. If you don't want them, don't buy them.

SIG'D :tflaugh

i'd go smaller on beachcomber (scout maybe

bigger on cosmos & seaspray (i always imagined UFO's to be massive & a hovercraft is HUGE)

bigger on the constructicons (they're all "truck" size at least)

smaller on the insecticons (legend or maybe even minicon size)

WAY BIGGER on the dinobots!

shockwave/blaster/perceptor/megatron(gun)/reflector/etc - minicons

cars - deluxe

trucks - voyager

planes - ultra or leader

(i didn't really think too much into them - just brainstorming!)

I forgot the scout size, yes indeed.

Maybe BEACHCOMBER and the INSECTICONS could be in scout size, (With better design than the Energon Chromehorn); or even they could be the same size as they were in their original release, but with the modern POA.

MINICON sizes, No Way!, unless they were made for more HEADMASTERS or TARGETMASTERS

for the planes, although they all should be Ultra sized, I have seen recently the TFA STARSCREAM at retail and i believe that's the better format for a DECEPTICON JET ARMY.

DINOBOTS, well I already have my Henkei GRIMLOCK and in scale with the deluxe sized cars, it goes fine.

but, as you said...the bigger the better!. :tfevil

CONSTRUCTICONS, actually in real life there are a lot of different sizes for the construction machinery and trucks, so they would fit in either deluxe (like Cybertron Guardshell) or in the voyager (like Armada Devastor) size, but only if they were to merge again in DEVASTATOR, and if all of them were to be voyager, they could be as bigger as a new SUPERION, if they were ever produced as voyager sized jets.

If only dreams could become real, just by now we have Ultra SILVERBOLT, what could be next?.

by the way, woludn't it be cool if they were ever to produce SIXSHOT and QUICKSWITCH in ultra sized, just the same original likeness but with modern POA, and even lights and sounds?

Archived