Writers Reveal Theme Of ‘Transformers Sequel. The Bad News? No Dinobots

johnDoe4880

Oh come on. You could have this great scene of Prowl and Grimlock landing together Prowl picks a cop car and Grimlock comes out of the museum in Robot mode. Prowl's like:

"I found and alt mode of athority with warning lights that disperse organics, what did you find?"

Grimlock Transforms in to a big robotic T-Rex.

Prowl:"... I hate you."

Except he wouldn't find a robotic T-Rex to scan. He'd find a plaster model, or at best a fossilized skeleton with no means of locomotion or propulsion. Even going with the robotic dinosaur in a theme park suggestion it'd be a slow, limited movement machine that would be unable to propel itself forward and probably only represent a partial dinosaur.

And, I've said it before, a T-Rex - even a real live one - is lame compared to any offensive military vehicle on the planet. It's not bad-ass, it's a handicap.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I think of it that'd be great. A Grimlock and Prowl buddy movie sub-plot...

And, I've said it before, a T-Rex - even a real live one - is lame compared to any offensive military vehicle on the planet. It's not bad-ass, it's a handicap.

If you write in the script that the tank shells bounce off the metal T-Rex, then they do.

If you write in the script that the tank shells bounce off the metal T-Rex, then they do.

But the tank shells only bounce off because he's a robot from space - it's got nothing to do with being a T-Rex. It's a vain and useless choice for the character to make, which is why it :fails (unless it's elevated to the slapstick level of the Autobots hiding out in Sam's yard).

I do like the buddy-cop idea, though. :thumb

But the tank shells only bounce off because he's a robot from space - it's got nothing to do with being a T-Rex. It's a vain and useless choice for the character to make, which is why it :fails (unless it's elevated to the slapstick level of the Autobots hiding out in Sam's yard).

I do like the buddy-cop idea, though. :thumb

I'm stoked you like the idea. Maybe I'll write up a fan comic to explore it...

So I don't think writing Grimlock as a kind of vain impulsive hard ass who would think it'd be cool to be a giant lizard would be such a task.

You just know that Grimlock would lift his leg on a building or something.

Oh, oh! And it could be Agent Simmons inside the building, with the window open! And there could be a zoom in to his face as the robo-pee comes, and he'd say "not again!" before he got drenched.

:oscar

It reeks of the very slapstick you decried in the first film. I can just hear the "wah wah wah" music cue after any moment related to his being a lizard.

I did not decry slapstick.

I decried peeing on people in a PG-13 setting.

Archived