Writers Reveal Theme Of ‘Transformers Sequel. The Bad News? No Dinobots

johnDoe4880

Why can't they just say the Dinobots, followed Shockwave like in the comics?

Because that story sucks.

"We'll go down there and stop Shockwave no matter what it takes!"

"Okay, we'll need organic disguises."

"I'm not doing that!"

"But you said whatever it takes..."

"I know, but now I'm gonna be concerned about how I'll look to give you a chance to scan for some dinosaurs."

"Why couldn't my sensors have just registered dinosaurs to begin with so you don't look like a chump, Grimlock?"

"Simon Furman's got pages to fill."

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that the first movie played the "inactive robot buried in the Earth from a long time ago" card already, and it would be the height of ridiculousness to go there again.

yeah... what he posted. also I have to say it again it would be a huge coincidence too much so to play the same card twice

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what theme lies at the heart of the sequel? Orci revealed that “It’s about being away from home. It’s a few years later and Sam is going to finally go to college and he’s going to face being away from home just as the autobots are having to deal with being away from Cybertron.â€

:awsum

Dealing with the issue of homesickness is the logical mvoe.

the dinobots could have been a first counter measure for the constructicons being built, starscream could have come back with the combiner ability to stop the autobots and take control of earth, or what rodimus vts said, or any other imaginary ideas .....so lame

I couldn't care less about the dinobots not being in the next film. I got my dino fan service from Animated (although Animated "Snarl/Slag" and Sludge would make me feel even better). Robotic Dinos just don't fit with the Hyper-real tone of the new movies.

As for Megatron not coming back... he never does. Though I don't doubt someone called Galvatron makes an appearance. I just hope he gets an earth alt mode this time because that space jet thingy sucked hard.

... just had a thought, what if merging with the allspark gives him the ability to mass-shift (like it did in the first film). All the fanboys could get their prayers answered. Megatron GUN!... ... JK;)

having dinobots would make no sense, the whole idea of transformers being transformers is so that they can hide, and giant dinosaurs alt modes just is not hiding. and if they came from why would they be dinosaurs, why would there be mechanical dinosaurs on cybertron? there is absolutely no way to fit giant dinosaurs into this movie and have it make sense, it would only look like they were putting them in the movie just to have them in the movie, which is bad.

mayber if they came from cybertron and landed in universal near jurassic park the ride, then it may make sense.. but that's absolutely ridiculous for hiding purposes.

So what theme lies at the heart of the sequel? Orci revealed that “It’s about being away from home. It’s a few years later and Sam is going to finally go to college and he’s going to face being away from home just as the autobots are having to deal with being away from Cybertron.â€

yeah I'm happy thier keeping that human life sub plot... but I have to wonder what comes next?.. telling you parents you've knocked up your girlfriend? I'm sure if hornet were still around he would love to read into that sub context

It would have been a nice treat to have dinobots, I just hope its not going to be like the last one where it takes half of the movie just to introduce all 4 of the freakin autobots. I don't care if some kid has a crush on some slut. I came to a Transformers movie, I want to see some Transformers! not humans!

yeah I'm happy thier keeping that human life sub plot... but I have to wonder what comes next?.. telling you parents you've knocked up your girlfriend? I'm sure if hornet were still around he would love to read into that sub context

No no no.

Your girlfriend cheated on you, and got knocked up.

Nine months later@ Cliffjumper is born, the first techno-organic transformer!

I think I'm gonna go be sick in the bin for even suggesting that.

Archived