Writers Reveal Theme Of ‘Transformers Sequel. The Bad News? No Dinobots

johnDoe4880

Johndoe4880 writes in a interview with mtv.

writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman confirmed to MTV one you won’t be seeing: Dinobots. “We couldn’t quite figure out how to justify a robot that would pretend to be a dinosaur,†Orci said.

But surely Megatron will be back? Orci and Kurtzman playfully danced around the question. “Didn’t he get thrown into the bottom of the ocean?†Kurtzman laughed, with his partner adding, “That would be silly†in regards to a return for the arch-nemesis of the Autobots.

So what about the storyline? Bay has said in the past that Orci and Kurtzman sold him on the concept of a first “Transformers†movie by explaining that at its core the story was really about a boy and his car. So what theme lies at the heart of the sequel? Orci revealed that “It’s about being away from home. It’s a few years later and Sam is going to finally go to college and he’s going to face being away from home just as the autobots are having to deal with being away from Cybertron.â€

Oh, and what about that title? Why “Rise of the Fallenâ€? Orci deadpanned, “Because ‘Transformers 2′ sounds stupid.â€

source writers-reveal-theme-of-transformers-sequel-the-bad-news-no-dinobots/

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rise of the fallen?... I really wish people did their research right I'm not expecting every one to be an expert but at least get the name of the film right

and really did any one really think the dinobots would be in this flick? I didn't and I'm very happy that their not

as for the rest well theirs nothing new

Why can't they just say the Dinobots, followed Shockwave like in the comics? It's cannon and it fits. As for why they don't change into something modern the millions of years in stasis since they defeated Shockwave messed up their scanning ability. Then when BB called the Autobots it woke the Dinobots. As for why they didn't return to Cybertron their intergalactic transport ship the Ark was hit by the asteroid the killed off the dinosasurs.

Come on why can't these writers use a little imagination? Of course now that they won't be in the second they have to come up with some other explanation for their awakening since to much time will have passed to explain their awaking at BB's call to the Autobots.

in this movie cannon earth is just some far flung corner of the universe so if Shocky and the Dinobots did come to earth before the all spark with megatron in tow that would be one huge coincidence

in this movie cannon earth is just some far flung corner of the universe so if Shocky and the Dinobots did come to earth before the all spark with megatron in tow that would be one huge coincidence

Shocky came here to mess with primordial earth in the comics to create his own world. So that being said I doubt the other TFs on Cybertron would have known too much about it. Besides Shocky was a scientist, and an explorer like Skyfire so you could always throw him into the mix. Oh and yes I know Skyfire is supposedly a Decepticon in the new movie, but look back to the old show and you know what's probably going to happen with that.

Why can't they just say the Dinobots, followed Shockwave like in the comics?

Because that story sucks.

"We'll go down there and stop Shockwave no matter what it takes!"

"Okay, we'll need organic disguises."

"I'm not doing that!"

"But you said whatever it takes..."

"I know, but now I'm gonna be concerned about how I'll look to give you a chance to scan for some dinosaurs."

"Why couldn't my sensors have just registered dinosaurs to begin with so you don't look like a chump, Grimlock?"

"Simon Furman's got pages to fill."

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that the first movie played the "inactive robot buried in the Earth from a long time ago" card already, and it would be the height of ridiculousness to go there again.

I seriously doubt anyone will care the the Dinobots arent on screen when the movie comes out. With all the other plot going on, how'd you even notice they aren't there? I could see if Transformers was like The Fantastic Four or something and for the past 20 + years there's only been Optimus, Bumblebee, Jazz and Grimlock as the cast of Autobots. If that were true, then I could see it mattering that Grimlock's not there. But since it's not, who gives a shiznit.

Archived