Awesome Stingers and You

Matt Booker

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a fan of Animated, but I will agree, This BumbleBee is underrated. Yeah he looks cheap, but he does have heart.

Nice job on the mods, wish he came like that. I'd try it myself, but I fail in terms of KitBashing.

Oh and Matt, wanna sell of any of your experimental parts BBs? I'm always looking for fodder.

Thanks. You should think about trying it, though. It's an easy mod, and I was detailed in hopes of people that've never bashed before might try their hands at it. :)

pretty cool but just saying hard to find thats pactically the only figure at the walmart in my town

It's all about location. Before I moved, he was the only TF I didn't find. Plenty of Blackarachnia and Ratchet in the nearby towns, but nothing else. My local wal-mart had a Grimlock sitting out for weeks with no other Animated on the shelves. He never sold. (Kids in that town preferred toy cars, I think.)

The night we moved to Wichita we found two Bumblebees at the local K-mart.

The local walmart is currently Blackarachnia and Ratchet. Not even a voyager to speak of.

The local target has everything but wave 3. :shrug

~Matt Booker

You're from Wichita Kansas too? Huh. Live here in Wichita as well. Like the mod on Bumblebee by the way. Looks like something I could do if I ever decided on getting him.

Yeah, my fiancée and I just moved here. I'm glad you liked the mod. :)

~Matt Booker

Enjoy your stay in Wichita. Best place I can think of to get TF Figs is at the Wal-Mart on Rockroad. Last time I was there they had most of the wave 1 and 2 of the Animated line. Not sure if there were any Universe though. Didn't look long enough to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent kitbash, I have Animated Bumblebee issues and wondered if this is a good place to ask a question?

When trying to Transform him back from robot to car mode mine sticks, there seems to be issues with the joints that his head/the parts that spin are on and it sticks really badly, i have to stick my fingers under his neck and hurt myself pushing the piece out to make his chest spin back into place, is this a common issue or do I have a defective one pls?

Lee

Excellent kitbash, I have Animated Bumblebee issues and wondered if this is a good place to ask a question?

When trying to Transform him back from robot to car mode mine sticks, there seems to be issues with the joints that his head/the parts that spin are on and it sticks really badly, i have to stick my fingers under his neck and hurt myself pushing the piece out to make his chest spin back into place, is this a common issue or do I have a defective one pls?

Lee

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Are the joints just really tight?

I'd fiddle around with him a bit, repositioning things before or during transformation to see if you just don't have them in the right positions. (Like the trunk being open, for instance.)

If that doesn't work, try the directions? :shrug

And thanks for the compliment.

thanks for showing me that he has a trunk ( didnt knew he had one)

Thanks. It's actually decently roomy in there.

~Matt Booker

• 2 weeks later...

well, i got an animated bumblebee who was a junker right off the card (ball socket on right arm is wrecked :argh

figured i'd do this with a new one and just return the knackard one.

well, i got an animated bumblebee who was a junker right off the card (ball socket on right arm is wrecked :argh

figured i'd do this with a new one and just return the knackard one.

Let me know how it goes. :)

~Matt Booker

Archived