Tru Reissue Question

menasor

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah the wings on all my reissue jets are super loose . the thing i dont like are the big ugly gaps between the main body and the big wings . not like that on my originals.

So true dude, the gaps are the worst part about the reissue seekers. I don'r really play with my small collection of transformers...for the mos part they are on my chest of draws, and boy oh boy do the the gaps bad when compared to the original seekers(well i only have original ramjet)....maybe the reissue dirge will be better.

This may sound like Sacrelige to some, but the plastic posts on the wings isn't that good. I cut mine down with a box cutter blade. It makes a huge difference in robot or jet mode. As far as the missiles, I bought a handful at Botcon(as I will always refer to it). Makes my shelves look like 1984 again.

Hmmm. The Gap on the wing and the arms on my seekers seems just fine. and this is comparing them to an orignal thrust my friend has. *Lucky little f@#$er!* But all my reissues don't seem to have any major noticable flaws, and as for the price I don't think it's too unreasonable. Just remember how much they were back then and then add inflation I think it's about the same but that's just me.

As for the Boxes and art I cry at night cause I so wanted them to be rereleased in the same style boxes I liked them much more than the new ones. But I would fogive all the gaps and box art if they would bring back the old instruction booklets that came with the originals I LOVED them as well as the checklist. Oh well that's my two cents.

He never had any missile launchers, so I can't see them changing their size

I can, Hasbro feels its necessary to make the fact that they are reissues very obvious. I have a reissue Prowl with a black, rubbery, plastic gun and missiles, the Takara reissues come with the original chrome colored weapons. My Hasbro reissue Skywarp is the same, massively resized missiles. Even the G2's had some sort of identifying mark to let you know that they were not originals. I expect no less from anything else coming out. I say buy it then hunt down the original's weapons to put on it instead.

Archived