Animated Shockwave Voyager & Arcee super sleek car dlx confirmed!

deceptikhan

I don't think Arcee will be a recolor/retooling of anything. Hasbro's been really good with the line using original molds so far, I'll even bet Skywarp has a new facial expression. Eitherway, Arcee could just as easily transform into a useless cybertronian hovercraft just to say she's a transformer while having no purpose other than being in robot mode ala Voyager Megs.

Call me excited, great new wave, all we need now is a new Leader wave of Lugnut and the Constructicons. Whoo.

Oh I LOVE the vehicle modes of all 3 recent megatrons, from Movies Dragon like Space jet, to this Animated turbofan flying tank. Cant understand the problem with ALIENS looking ALIEN...

ARCEE! wooooooooooootaggggggeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FREEFALL666:

Oh I LOVE the vehicle modes of all 3 recent megatrons, from Movies Dragon like Space jet, to this Animated turbofan flying tank. Cant understand the problem with ALIENS looking ALIEN...

ARCEE! wooooooooooootaggggggeeeeeeeeeeeee!

huh?

I don't think Arcee will be a recolor/retooling of anything. Hasbro's been really good with the line using original molds so far, I'll even bet Skywarp has a new facial expression. Eitherway, Arcee could just as easily transform into a useless cybertronian hovercraft just to say she's a transformer while having no purpose other than being in robot mode ala Voyager Megs.

Call me excited, great new wave, all we need now is a new Leader wave of Lugnut and the Constructicons. Whoo.

Well, and this is JMO, alien alt modes only work if they actually resemble a vehicle of some sort. Animated Deluxe Cybertron Prime's alt mode, while alien, is still very much a truck/half track, which is why the figure works.

Animated Voyager Megs, on the other hand, has an alt mode that doesn't look like anything at all. If if we grant it's an alien design it's still difficult to figure out what exactly it's suppose to be. From the cartoon we're meant to believe it's an alien jet of some sort, but unlike Movie Megatron's design, the Animated version doesn't look anything like a jet.

In fairness though, the animation model does look jet-like, the toy's just very inaccurate.

In fairness though, the animation model does look jet-like, the toy's just very inaccurate.

yes

the toon model has the fusion cannon in front, just like his earth mode. It makes a lot more sense on the show.

Also, the toon model is generally sleeker and has proper wings (from what I can remember anyway).

Archived