Universe 2.0 Unicron Revealed

MISP Steve

Hey, I like him. The whining and complaining makes me laugh, and it makes me think back fondly on how I would've killed to have the Unicron figure you guys are batching about way back in 1986.

You nerds with the world of commerce at your fingertips. Pffft.

Why should I care about Hasbro's attempt to cash in on some nostalgia while making a Unicron toy that's for a completely different Transformers continuity? It's not G1 Unicron, it's Armada Unicron and it will never be anything but Armada Unicron.

Armada Unicron is as close to G1 Unicron as Classics Prime is to G1 Prime. So what's the problem? He's fine. If you can't accept him as the G1 incarnation of the character, then frankly you need to loosen up.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, I like him. The whining and complaining makes me laugh, and it makes me think back fondly on how I would've killed to have the Unicron figure you guys are batching about way back in 1986.

You nerds with the world of commerce at your fingertips. Pffft.

Why should I care about Hasbro's attempt to cash in on some nostalgia while making a Unicron toy that's for a completely different Transformers continuity? It's not G1 Unicron, it's Armada Unicron and it will never be anything but Armada Unicron.

Armada Unicron is as close to G1 Unicron as Classics Prime is to G1 Prime. So what's the problem? He's fine. If you can't accept him as the G1 incarnation of the character, then frankly you need to loosen up.

It's not G1 Unicron. Classics Prime doesn't need to be a G1 Prime because there already was a G1 Prime. There has, however, never been a Unicron. Hasbro made this one for Armada and as some sort of attempt to cash in on G1 nostalgia.

I might have considered buying it if Hasbro made a Legends class Galvatron to go with it. Maybe they could have repainted some appropriate Mini-cons into some characters from Transformers: The Movie and packaged them with this Unicron.

Well, for those of us that didn't get Unicron the first time around, and want one that's relatively G1, this is a good opportunity. At the time he was released, I was not actively collecting. Completely passed on the Energon version.

I'll pick him up when I sees him.

Guest Ultra Bumblemus

I bet hasbro had a whole bunch of the older Unicrons so they made new boxes for Universe and used the older unicrons for Universe to save money

it may be a possibilility that TRU and Wally sent thier's back to hasbro, i dont remember them ever being marked down, but they were gone,

meijers and target marked thiers down to pennies (i recall getting a 2nd unicron from target for 14.99)

I think it makes sense and is a good idea. Hopefully they'll also be re-releasing other A/E/C figures in Universe 2.0 that were the best G1 homages for Classics 2.0.

uhm no, hopefully they will ditch the a/e/c figures in favor of new moulds >_>

hmmm... everyone acts like Universe hasn't been a repackage series for the past 5 years.

Archived