Re: Target Coupon for $5 off purchase of $25+

masterminicon

I went to Target today, and I have some of these printed up sitting in my glove box. So I grabbed one before going into the store ready to use it. I picked up a gift for my sister and something that I was looking for for my New Avengers/TF display I have planned in my mind. I go to check out. This is what I hear.

"We're no longer accepting these coupons due to fraudulent use." There was one other coupon also on the display. So these coupons have now expired.

I would like to thank whatever douches out there prompted this event. And I would have gotten a fair deal cause one reason I was going was in hopes of finding Lugnut and Grimlock who would have individually cost me only $19 this week due to a sale on TFs they were having. Oh well, still have Friday to try and find them before the week is up.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fraudulent use? They're freaking WEB COUPONS, meaning ANY Joe Schmo can just print them off the computer and bring them to the store! As long as you only use one at a time, I don't see how you can "fraudulently use" a coupon that, by its very nature, is easily reproduced.

What they mean to say is that "Waaaay more people are using these than we expected."

:pfx Yeah, most definitely .

Maybe the manager at that specific Target is the douche, not the people using it.

Sorry that you didn't get the deal, though.

U guys are probably right, but still...Hopefully it might change in a few weeks. I just play dumb next time I go and see if it still works. If it doesn't, then I'll know it's finite. If it does, great.

A couple of weeks ago, I almost couldn't use the coupon. At one Target the cashier had to ask someone about the coupon, since there was a different, fake coupon around, according to them. Anyway, the other employee told her to scan the coupon and it worked, so it was okay.

Now, I there hasn't been anything for me to use a coupon on lately. If I do find something I'll try it, but at least now what might happen. This probably is a case of too many people using the coupons too often. I find it odd, since the coupons pretty much guarantee that I will shop only at Target.

I would imagine that people were altering the couplns for use with other items besides toys. Hence the fraud- then again, they could still accept the toy coupons and no others. Hmmm. Sucky.

I would like to thank whatever douches out there prompted this event.

You're probably the douche, so thank yourself directly. Unless you were emailed the coupon by Target on your birthday.

The coupon was part of a birthday deal from Target where they emailed it to you on your birthday. Someone was bright enough to figure out that the image was hosted on Target's server, and the direct link to the JPG spread quickly.

If you didn't get it in your email on your birthday, than they might consider that 'fraudulent use'.

I would like to thank whatever douches out there prompted this event.

You're probably the douche, so thank yourself directly. Unless you were emailed the coupon by Target on your birthday.

The coupon was part of a birthday deal from Target where they emailed it to you on your birthday. Someone was bright enough to figure out that the image was hosted on Target's server, and the direct link to the JPG spread quickly.

If you didn't get it in your email on your birthday, than they might consider that 'fraudulent use'.

:tfhuh WTF man. I have no clue what you're talking about. I got it off the TFormers website, like I'm sure others have done.

Archived