Bay Area Store Sightings

BaCon

The WalMart on Story in SJ has a ton of the exclusive movie Cybertron repaints, plus a 5-pack of Robot Heroes with new paintjobs. Plus a bunch of the regular movie deluxes (first and second wave heavy).

Picked up the last Big Daddy about an hour and a half after you posted this. Also scored Divebomb and Jolt. They were out of Grindcore. :(

Did they have any when you were there Trench? They also had about 4-5 each of DB & Jolt.

Checked the WM by Monterey HW and they had one lonely Divebomb and 4 Incinerators (I bought one); so 3 left.

The WM in Milpitas & Mtn. View had a tons of Incinerators but it didn't look like they had any of the Cyb repaints.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Picked up the last Big Daddy about an hour and a half after you posted this. Also scored Divebomb and Jolt. They were out of Grindcore. :(

Did they have any when you were there Trench? They also had about 4-5 each of DB & Jolt.

I'm pretty sure he was there; however, I forgot to mention (and I'm not sure you saw it since I'm not sure they would have sold out of even Big Daddy that fast) but there was a whole endcap that appeared to be just the Walmart exclusives (both deluxes and Robot Heroes 5-pack). However, I just glanced at this endcap and didn't really dig around and see what was there (so it could have been a few of the exclusives in the front and the other movie stuff in the back).

I'm pretty sure he was there; however, I forgot to mention (and I'm not sure you saw it since I'm not sure they would have sold out of even Big Daddy that fast) but there was a whole endcap that appeared to be just the Walmart exclusives (both deluxes and Robot Heroes 5-pack). However, I just glanced at this endcap and didn't really dig around and see what was there (so it could have been a few of the exclusives in the front and the other movie stuff in the back).

That end cap was where I found the last Big Daddy. It was mostly Cyb repaints with a lone Jungle Bonecrusher, one or two Cliffjumpers and a plethora of Jolts and Divebombs. The regular section just had one Jolt and two Divebombs left when I got there. The store was robably hit by scalpers stocking up for the SJ toyshow on March 8th.

• 3 months later...

For those looking, spotted cases upon cases of Animated tonight in Milpitas.

# Battle Pack w/DVD (lots of cases, 2 units per)

Cybertronian Prime and Megatron

# Voyager, Wave 1

2 Bulkheads

1 Prime

1 Megatron

1 Starscream?

# Deluxe, Wave 2

2 Blackarachnias

2 Ratchets

1 Prime

1 Prowl

1 Lockdown

1 Bumblebee

Also saw cases of Voyagers, Wave 2 Rev 1.. Deluxes of Wave 1 and 3?, I think that I didn't see the contents of. Around 2-4 cases of each of these so there were lots. All were still there and untouched just before closing time, so should still be there when it opens tomorrow.

The Blackarachnia looked really really good (and anyone who knows me knows I hate beast anything). Have fun hunting.

Wow. Well went back tonight and all but 4 battle packs and 2 BAs were gone..

I'm not sure they put everything you saw out. I went yesterday morning about 9:30 am and it looked like it was a couple of cases of the deluxes, about 10 sets of battle packs and a single case of Voyagers (wave 1 rev1: 2x Bulkhead, 1x Starscream, 1x Megatron). The section was pretty tidy, so it didn't look like it had already been scavanged - I also looked around for an endcap/floor display with the rest of the stuff but didn't see one.

I picked up a Starscream and Bumblebee. I had to go back there after work and pick up something else, when I cruised by the section it was already in the depleted state you described - must have been hit hard by the lunchtime crowd. (There appeared to be a single sad scalper there with a couple of the Battle Begins packs and about five Rachets in his cart - he was looking all over the toy section for Animated hidden behind other stuff. I thought to myself, "Ha, ha. Suck it, dude.")

I was considering going back this morning to see if anything new had been put out, but I forgot the baby's lunch when I dropped her off at daycare and had to utilize my free morning time to go back home and pick it up. :redface

PS: Are you sure you saw a Voyager Prime? My understanding was he wasn't supposed to be coming out until later (and I haven't noticed any "eBay sightings" of him yet, either).

At first I thought so, but I'm realizing I must've been wrong. There were 4 in the case and 2 Bulkheads.. yeah, I somehow imagined him into the assortment.

10 Battle Packs woulda been 5 cases' worth. It seems unlikely they would've put out that many of one case and not of the rest. I do have some shoddy cameraphone pics of mosta the cases on the pallets.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived