New universe opinions

Mom

I would rank them thusly

1. Sideswipe

2. Prowl/Silverstreak, Sunstreaker

5. Acid Storm

6. Galvatron/Tankor

NOTE 1: Tankor is the only one I do not own and so I can't definitively say I like him more or less than Galvatron.

NOTE 2: I have ranked Acid Storm below the first four because I already have three Classics Seekers. If Acid Storm was my first of this mold, I might have ranked him higher.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm the opposite. Sure Galvy might be small, but apart from that, he's awesome. And 'Tankor' is quite good to. I don't like any of the other Universe Classics I've seen in shops so far anyway, so yeah...

I'm trying to decide which of the Universe classics to get on hasbro's website using the 20% off + free shipping code.

If you had to pick the best three that a kid could play with and throughly enjoy (in terms of transformation, posing, durability, & fun!), which ones would you choose? Current ones available:

Acid Storm

Galvatron

Prowl

Sideswipe

Silverstreak

Sunstreaker

Tankor

i'd say this order for a - kid best at top:

sunstreaker/sideswipe (great mould - get both dude!)

acid storm (pretty sturdy figure)

silverstreak/prowl (a bit fiddly)

tankor (more fiddly)

galvatron (not for kids!)

imo :thumb

They're a bit complicated for my 8-year old son. But he also doesn't have the patience to sit down and figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen tread bolt out in stores either. Ended up picking mine up from HTS. Glad I did since he's so awesome. Just be careful when removing him from the package. Hasbro went nuts on the twist ties on him and well my booster rocket is loose because of it. Should have just cut the darn things, no I wanted preserve them so I could stick him back in the package. :tfmad Stupid me.

I haven't seen tread bolt out in stores either. Ended up picking mine up from HTS. Glad I did since he's so awesome. Just be careful when removing him from the package. Hasbro went nuts on the twist ties on him and well my booster rocket is loose because of it. Should have just cut the darn things, no I wanted preserve them so I could stick him back in the package. :tfmad Stupid me.

That's why my packaging goes straight into the trash. Most never makes it inside of the house. That's how I keep my wife from knowing about new purchases. One day there's 100 the next there's 105, and she's none the wiser. :mwahaha

Archived