New universe opinions

Mom

I'm skippin these guys..

TF:A has my undivided attention.. I could give a rats ass about these guys. I may pick up some repaints though.. Crasher and Acid Storm perhaps.

I'm feeling about the same.

Only have two TFA figs and though there rumored to be the worst of the lot I really enjoy em. Can't wait for more to eventually show up.

Universe looks decent but unlike animated isn't doing a good job of capturing my imagination. Tankor/Octane looks to be the most innovated, and fun to play around with. Sunstreaker I don't have a problem with and find he looks pretty good for a mini altinator. Prowl easily looks the worst and least interesting. The alt aesthetic though in check suffers from being bland, and horribly painted/decaled. Maybe Silverstreak will look better.

I'll decide when I see them. Considering of course I have everything I want from TFA that's in stock.

I think what it is ..... <_< >_> <_< ... is some of us are a lil tired of the norm. Atleast subconiously .. I mean, Tranformers, outside of the Beastwars days have been more or less the same.. well, no even then.. they still LOOKED like Transformers but in animal skins. I mean, I'm totally looking at my TFA Screamer right now, I got him posed all smuggly and stuff.. and he looks REALLY REALLY good. And I mean, he's sharing space at the moment with guys who don't share the same style..

-Universe Landfill (green painted ones) BM T-wrecks, Universe Razorclaw, BW Terrorsaur, and Armada Nemesis Prime. Saddly, none of these guys can pull the same kind of look.. being able to stand tall and proud and look all devious. I think it's great! ... and I was worried for the longest time these guys would look crappy next to all the other guys I accumlated over the years... they do stand out.. but in a good way.

I'm really enjoying these guys. Seriously.

See, for me the movie line was different in a good way. Animated's different in the "I don't like this" way.

Different strokes for different folks though.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i grew to really dislike the movie line, aside from starscream and concept bumblebee, i dont have a need for any of the guys that had screen time, a lot of the others (including the aveo) rock my socks

Quick question. I know about the "Reverse hood-chest" arrangement for Sunstreaker, but I'm curious abut the legs position. I'm not partially hot on the desing of the car's profile/tire being the front, but I was wondering if there was a way to pose him with the top of the Car's rear out front...

In other words; rotate the lower legs' 90 degrees so the designated sides of the legs become the front?

Quick question. I know about the "Reverse hood-chest" arrangement for Sunstreaker, but I'm curious abut the legs position. I'm not partially hot on the desing of the car's profile/tire being the front, but I was wondering if there was a way to pose him with the top of the Car's rear out front...

In other words; rotate the lower legs' 90 degrees so the designated sides of the legs become the front?

Yes, that is possible.

sunstripe.jpg

i grew to really dislike the movie line, aside from starscream and concept bumblebee, i dont have a need for any of the guys that had screen time, a lot of the others (including the aveo) rock my socks

aveo swerve? that was a universe figure

You mean something like this? picture_245.jpg

You can, but the lower legs would have to be swapped around to get the waist/upper legs to appear correctly, and it's not exactly the most stablest thing around. (Apologies in advance on the picture quality. I took down my old table I had my photo set-up on, and haven't got around to putting up the new desk in it's place.)

My only real complaint is out of the three figures Sunstreaker’s chest will not stay straight.

When you twist it to turn the head out it will not go all the way straight, and if you try to turn it straight it pops off.

I will have to fix this issue, take it back, or get used to the reverse chest transformation.

Oh yea and the paint sucks really badly!!!

And Tankor’s transformation is not any better than his G1 Octane Version. I thought the goal was to improve on this after 20 something years of toy making.

But I do like all three figures.

Yes, that is possible.

sunstripe.jpg

You mean something like this? picture_245.jpg

You can, but the lower legs would have to be swapped around to get the waist/upper legs to appear correctly, and it's not exactly the most stablest thing around.

I would be happy with either of these variations for SideSwipe.

And I think the stability issue would be solved if it was actually designed that way and not "mis-transformed".

EDIT - oh yeah the second pic doesnt really adress the question since it was regarding the Sideswipe version of the mold.

My only real complaint is out of the three figures Sunstreaker’s chest will not stay straight.

When you twist it to turn the head out it will not go all the way straight, and if you try to turn it straight it pops off.

Ok I fixed my Sunstreaker!

Just in case anyone else has this problem all I did was cut two tabs off, one is on the base that the Head is on in the back and the other is on the grey part that catches the head base in the back.

My head goes up farther now and even looks better!

Archived