New universe opinions

Mom

Well the only thing I'm not crazy about so far is Tankor's blade weapon. Other than that they are a big win for me. Again either I'm not that picky or I got lucky because the paint jobs look just fine on mine.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tankor

Good:

-Triple Changer :D

-I love the transformation to and from all 3 modes, it's very fun

-The detail in plane mode is pretty good

Bad:

-His melee weapon is sometimes awkward

-back of truck mode has a gap

Ugly:

-Arms and shoulders are weird, and I think the hands are ugly, especially if you don't twist/turn them.

Sunstreaker

Good:

-Robot mode is very solid, just make sure you lock the back piece correctly

-I like the look of his legs

-Headsculpt is awesome IMO

-Can turn his waste, head, and switch the arms for a different chest plate

Bad:

-Feet are a pain to transform, but that may just be me not knowing how to transform him well

Ugly:

Non, this figure is pretty good.

Prowl

Good:

-Cool missiles

-I like how he has door wings, like movie bumblebee and his g1 self

-pretty cool poses with this guy (he has two knees!)

Bad:

-hard to balance

Ugly:

-Headsculpt is bleh, his face expression doesn't look good

-shoulders look slightly out of place

-legs don't look proportioned right

Thanks to you guys (the Fans), I have made an educated descision to buy:

Sideswipe FTW!

Streak, I may buy Prowl and swap out certain color parts... Need more info...

Galvatron, depending on further pics showcasing articulation...

Ironhide or Ratchet... need more pics...

Takara Onslaught is already Preordered through BBTS!

Let's see who else Hasbro decides to re release in this line...

Any bets on Optimus Prime and Megatron? I've already seen the box artwork on a Hasbro sign...

Any bets on Optimus Prime and Megatron? I've already seen the box artwork on a Hasbro sign...

We already got them as Classics/Henkei! figures.

r_henkeiconvoy101.jpg

r_henkeimegatron105-1.jpg

Universe is a continuation of Classics, not a completely separate line.

AoiJuuni, you just need to play with the position of Tankor/Octane's forearm and hand. Rather then fully transform his left forearm/hand, keep them so the plane detailing stays lined up. That will give you more options for positioning his blade weapon, even keeping it closed as a shield.

wheresblitzy.jpg

If you need more (better) pics, just ask.

Looking foward to getting all the dlx new mold's coming out including Streak AND Prowl, Sideswipe & Sunstreaker, Octane, Ironhide & Ratchet and the 2 Ultra's Onslaught & Powerglide (id like to get the Takara versions of the ladder if poss.)

But even know i have 2 sets of Classics MISB, & have to keep THAT collection going, i still am more interested in TF:A for some reason. And im mad c uz i never found a Henkei! Prime @ retial. :(

My greatest hope is that Classics 2.0 will have better paint aps that aren't as likely to chip as soon as you take them out of the box. I understand that Classics was just supposed to be a filler line and that Hasbro had to really watch costs, but it just seems wrong to put cheap paint on a great mold!

Next greatest hope for Universe Classics-- Powermaster Optimus Prime w/ more than 2 POINTS of articulation! Ahhh, it's nice to dream, isn't it...?

I'm skippin these guys..

TF:A has my undivided attention.. I could give a rats ass about these guys. I may pick up some repaints though.. Crasher and Acid Storm perhaps.

I'm feeling about the same.

Only have two TFA figs and though there rumored to be the worst of the lot I really enjoy em. Can't wait for more to eventually show up.

Universe looks decent but unlike animated isn't doing a good job of capturing my imagination. Tankor/Octane looks to be the most innovated, and fun to play around with. Sunstreaker I don't have a problem with and find he looks pretty good for a mini altinator. Prowl easily looks the worst and least interesting. The alt aesthetic though in check suffers from being bland, and horribly painted/decaled. Maybe Silverstreak will look better.

I'll decide when I see them. Considering of course I have everything I want from TFA that's in stock.

I think what it is ..... <_< >_> <_< ... is some of us are a lil tired of the norm. Atleast subconiously .. I mean, Tranformers, outside of the Beastwars days have been more or less the same.. well, no even then.. they still LOOKED like Transformers but in animal skins. I mean, I'm totally looking at my TFA Screamer right now, I got him posed all smuggly and stuff.. and he looks REALLY REALLY good. And I mean, he's sharing space at the moment with guys who don't share the same style..

-Universe Landfill (green painted ones) BM T-wrecks, Universe Razorclaw, BW Terrorsaur, and Armada Nemesis Prime. Saddly, none of these guys can pull the same kind of look.. being able to stand tall and proud and look all devious. I think it's great! ... and I was worried for the longest time these guys would look crappy next to all the other guys I accumlated over the years... they do stand out.. but in a good way.

I'm really enjoying these guys. Seriously.

I picked up Sunstreaker and Tankor so far, and quite honestly I'm not as happy with them as I thought I would be. Sunstreaker has a great car mode and a nice homage robot mode, but his transformation seems to take a lot longer than other classics, and it feels like I'm gonna break him while transforming, especially in the chest and shoulders. Plus in robot mode he's noticeably taller than the other deluxe classics.

Tankor/Octane is pretty easy to transform, but there are too many gaps and holes in all of his modes, he can't roll very well, and his head articulation basically doesn't exist. Granted, both figures are improvements on the 84 and 86 versions, and I'll continue to collect them all for displaying, but I'm much more impressed with the TFA figures, which I didn't think would be the case.

I'm skippin these guys..

TF:A has my undivided attention.. I could give a rats ass about these guys. I may pick up some repaints though.. Crasher and Acid Storm perhaps.

I'm feeling about the same.

Only have two TFA figs and though there rumored to be the worst of the lot I really enjoy em. Can't wait for more to eventually show up.

Universe looks decent but unlike animated isn't doing a good job of capturing my imagination. Tankor/Octane looks to be the most innovated, and fun to play around with. Sunstreaker I don't have a problem with and find he looks pretty good for a mini altinator. Prowl easily looks the worst and least interesting. The alt aesthetic though in check suffers from being bland, and horribly painted/decaled. Maybe Silverstreak will look better.

I'll decide when I see them. Considering of course I have everything I want from TFA that's in stock.

I think what it is ..... <_< >_> <_< ... is some of us are a lil tired of the norm. Atleast subconiously .. I mean, Tranformers, outside of the Beastwars days have been more or less the same.. well, no even then.. they still LOOKED like Transformers but in animal skins. I mean, I'm totally looking at my TFA Screamer right now, I got him posed all smuggly and stuff.. and he looks REALLY REALLY good. And I mean, he's sharing space at the moment with guys who don't share the same style..

-Universe Landfill (green painted ones) BM T-wrecks, Universe Razorclaw, BW Terrorsaur, and Armada Nemesis Prime. Saddly, none of these guys can pull the same kind of look.. being able to stand tall and proud and look all devious. I think it's great! ... and I was worried for the longest time these guys would look crappy next to all the other guys I accumlated over the years... they do stand out.. but in a good way.

I'm really enjoying these guys. Seriously.

I feel the same way. I want to like the Universe figures...but they just look like more poseable G1 figures, and I don't like it. But I'm sure that exactly what some people wanted, though. Animated is the aesthetic I've been looking for.

However, Classics Mirage is still one of the best Transformers ever made ever IMO.

Archived