New universe opinions

Mom

Mine (short version)

Paint apps suck on all three. The white on prowl matches the car but there's only one coat of it and you can see the doors through it. Makes the toy look cheap. Same goes for Sunstreakers roof and OMG, his ears are gross looking. One more coat of paint would have done wonders. Tankor faired the best in this department but the apps on his tailfins are about as non straight as you can get. Can we please get some better peeps to apply paint? I hate doing touch ups!

Transformations are fun, involved and pretty complicated. All thumbs up here.

Tankor:..... well.... uh... where do I start? He's pretty much ugly in all modes. Robot mode is the best out of the three and both of his alt modes suffer from the other. Truck mode has several points of just hollow going on not to mention propellors that jut out the bottom and keep the truck from rolling. Plane mode has a giant belly and looks like inside out boy in the back. I know most of you didn't like Astrotrain but this guy makes him look great. (I personally love Classics Astrotrain)

Sunstreaker: No complaints really. The pop off engine thingy is annoying for being hollow but otherwise I like this toy.

Prowl: Paint apps aside he's great.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm skippin these guys..

TF:A has my undivided attention.. I could give a rats ass about these guys. I may pick up some repaints though.. Crasher and Acid Storm perhaps.

Tankor's the only one of these three that interests me. Looks like a fun figure.

Prowl looks great but... I dunno, for some reason just seems boring. He's TOO traditional for me. After hyper-detailed Alts and hyper-stylized Animated and Movie figures, I don't know if just a plain old car will do it for me... I just feel like he's TOO G1... talk about hard to please.

Sunstreaker, well, the only problem he has is that Sideswipe's coming out in a few months. I like red better, I like his head better, and I like the car hood chest more than the windshield. I love how the legs remind me of the Rodimus Prime and Mirage Alternators.

Tankor looks great. Awesome robot mode, his truck mode looks pretty good and the plane mode... isn't awful, at least.

Good, Bad, and Ugly on all three.....

Good-

Super detailed, fun and innovative transformation sequences, great weapons storage in vehicle mode, great articulation, and they look amazing in all modes (even Tankor/Octane).

Bad-

The paint aps seem sloppy, Prowl needs an extra coat or two on his doors/wings. Prowl's overall paint scheme, while G1 accurate, is bland. Hasbro should have looked to Movie Barricade for inspiration regarding his deco.

Tankor/Octane's blade weapon/plane bottom/tanker cover is a little lame, but you can make it work as a shield, which looks better.

Tankor/Octane's shoulders could stand to be lowered a bit.

Ugly-

Nothing. These guys are awesome toys overall. Much better then Animated, though I know I'm in the minority there.

animated is horrid so these better be good !

I think I'm really being swayed by pure aesthetics on this one. I was really looking forward to picking up some of these, but Animated with its pretty paint and sculpting totally has me now. But if they're your thing, that's cool. I'm just surprised that I'm not into them now that they're out.

I only grabbed Prowl, so I'll comment on him.

I'll too say the paint on the doors is a little thin on mine. The other one on the peg had the same problem, but a little worse, and with a little overspray on one of the windows. Other than that, I would have liked the appendages a dull white like Ramjet's white parts, as Prowl's arms and legs are a little too shiny for me. Silver cannons would have been nice. I also prefer the straight light bar (as pictured on the back of the package) over what we got.

Overall though, I'm blown away with him. He fits in perfectly with my other Classics figures.

I'm skippin these guys..

TF:A has my undivided attention.. I could give a rats ass about these guys. I may pick up some repaints though.. Crasher and Acid Storm perhaps.

I'm feeling about the same.

Only have two TFA figs and though there rumored to be the worst of the lot I really enjoy em. Can't wait for more to eventually show up.

Universe looks decent but unlike animated isn't doing a good job of capturing my imagination. Tankor/Octane looks to be the most innovated, and fun to play around with. Sunstreaker I don't have a problem with and find he looks pretty good for a mini altinator. Prowl easily looks the worst and least interesting. The alt aesthetic though in check suffers from being bland, and horribly painted/decaled. Maybe Silverstreak will look better.

I'll decide when I see them. Considering of course I have everything I want from TFA that's in stock.

Tankor/Octane's blade weapon/plane bottom/tanker cover is a little lame, but you can make it work as a shield, which looks better.

How do you get it to work as a shield? That's the only thing that's distracting me from having it as a great figure.

How do you get it to work as a shield? That's the only thing that's distracting me from having it as a great figure.

It's simple (i think): don't open it up! :tfgrin I want these figures! And for those who couldn't tell, my willpower is weak at best. :07redface

Archived