Official TF: Animated Toys Love-Fest

Lord Madhammer

OH and my wife is in love with Bulkhead. "He's just so cute!" I may have to get her one of her own.
My wife loves Voyager Bulkhead. It's her favourite Transformer out of my entire collection. :P
My wife loves Bulkhead

So, what is up with all the wife/Bulkhead love?

When I show my wife Transformers that I'm geeked up about, she looks at me like she's thinking "Why did I marry this idiot?"

Ol' Bulky has a way with the ladies, that's for sure.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OH and my wife is in love with Bulkhead. "He's just so cute!" I may have to get her one of her own.
My wife loves Voyager Bulkhead. It's her favourite Transformer out of my entire collection. :P
My wife loves Bulkhead

When I show my wife Transformers that I'm geeked up about, she looks at me like she's thinking "Why did I marry this idiot?"

ha, the only thing my wife and I have in common with Animated TFs is that we both like the stylized designs. She's a fan of Gentle Giant's Animated Star Wars statues (here), and she PFX'd when I said that I'd like to see statues of the TF Animated toon models.

P.S. I'm generally not interested in buying toys of new-to-Animated characters such as Lugnut and Bulkhead and Lockdown, but Sentinel Prime is a great character to add to the mix. Gotta love a douchebag middle-management Autobot.

My wife loves Bulkhead

ha, the only thing my wife and I have in common with Animated TFs is that we both like the stylized designs. She's a fan of Gentle Giant's Animated Star Wars statues (here), and she PFX'd when I said that I'd like to see statues of the TF Animated toon models.

P.S. I'm generally not interested in buying toys of new-to-Animated characters such as Lugnut and Bulkhead and Lockdown, but Sentinel Prime is a great character to add to the mix. Gotta love a douchebag middle-management Autobot.

Are your purchases still guided by nostalgia then?

I would think that awesome Characterizations and good molds would be a factor as well, not just, "does he have some G1 connection."

My wife loves Bulkhead

my wife is the same way about my collection..

i think the bulkhead love is a result of conditioning... they see fat guys like jim belushi with a wife out of their league and get used to likeing the fat oafs

I'd like to note that I married my wife (who, me being a fat oaf, is out of my league) WELL before the current According-to-Jim/King-Of-Queens trend began.

Are your purchases still guided by nostalgia then?

I would think that awesome Characterizations and good molds would be a factor as well, not just, "does he have some G1 connection."

No, it's not nostalgia. Otherwise I'd be planning on buying Universe toys (I'm not; zero interest). I'm just being selective. I don't have a Transformers collection to speak of, so I'm really focusing on toys that are going to be keepers. No "meh" or "cool" toys; they've all got to have strong personal appeal to me, for whatever reason it may be.

that trend goes back to the "honey mooners"

i got off track...

i always remember this gushing at the start of nearly every new series, then it wears off. i haven't seen any in my area yet but you guys are pissing me off with the "i've got them all" already. gonna hit walmart today but last week they still had pegs jam-packed with movie stuff

So do the Walmarts in So Cal - but now the movie stuff is pushed to the side. Also make sure to look on the end caps - i didnt see any voyagers the first time i went but the second time - there was a bunch of starscreams off to the side - i found them almost on accident.

I bought Bumblebee, Ratchet, the battle-damaged Earth-mode Prime from the 2-pack, and Starscream. BB needed some emergency modding to his arms to give the elbows better range. Ratchet looks pretty cool as-is. SS I haven't gotten around to fully exploring yet.

EDIT- forgot to mention 2 cool things about SS- the missile launchers slide forward in bot mode, flipping up 2 panels on his forearms. The don't do anything except look really cool. Second, did anyone notice the molded-in shark face details on his missiles?! Pure :awsum !!

I heart this line!! I'll prob. get them all, but it might take me a long time and several gifting days like birthdays, Christmas, etc. Can't wait, tho, aI really like the ones I have so far. You go HASBRO! :thumb

EDIT- forgot to mention 2 cool things about SS- the missile launchers slide forward in bot mode, flipping up 2 panels on his forearms. The don't do anything except look really cool. Second, did anyone notice the molded-in shark face details on his missiles?! Pure :awsum !!

His little flip out "blasters" are kinda wtf IMO. They dont really look like guns and there is no detailing on them - so they basically just end up being holes in his arms with little nubbins sticking out. :wtf

Archived