Official TF: Animated Toys Love-Fest

Lord Madhammer

My wife loves Voyager Bulkhead. It's her favourite Transformer out of my entire collection. :P

My personal favourite is Prowl - definitely the best bikeformer ever and really clever engineering, especially with the way it incorporates the wheel into the robot mode rather than having it as kibble. :)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up Cyb. Optimus, Grimlock, Prowl, and BA.

Cyb. Optimus is just fun, in both modes.

Grimlock is great in both modes. The only thing I wish they did was have a place to store his sword in both modes. (I found a way to store it in robot mode, that seems reasonable..but still fridgeting with alternate mode.)

Prowl is neat. I love how they also made his handlebars part of the transformation.

BA...well, BA startles the crud out of me. I have her hanging on on my bookshelf that splits the room, so whenever light hits it, I get the huge spider-y shadow on my wall over the bed.

With all the love Bulkhead is getting on here, I might have to make him my next purchase. That or, Lockdown & Ratchet.

Go take out Bulkhead and pick up some womens!

"Yea...this Bulkhead. He's my wingman! ....I'm not supposed to tell anyone that?"

Aoi

I have Ratchet and Starscream and my son has Bumblebee. All are awesome. I can't remember the last time I was impressed with TF figures three straight times in a row. I think their transformation schemes are ingenious, and I really love Starscream's "automorph" feature. I didn't care for them on the movie toys.

My only complaint about ANY of the three I have is with some of the black highlights missing on Bumblebee, and I plain to take a paint brush to him soon.

I have the DVD 2-pack, Prowl, a second Bumblebee (for me), and a 2nd Starscream on pre-order from HTS. Planning on picking up Cybertron Prime the next time I see him, and Voyager Bulkhead after next pay day. My son wants Lockdown, but neither of us are really keen on Blackarachnia. (She is just a fembot after all.)

You can check out my Animated crew in my sig. I've been waiting for these things for 6 months. I went on a splurge and picked up every figure I could find. STIMULUS CHECK'D! But man, do I love these things. My thoughts?

Mega-lurv:

-Prowl. There is no more win to be had. Just go get the blue ribbon and forget everyone else.

-Lockdown. Nice looking fig with great posability and I love the hook/EMP attachment. Hands bother me but not enough to care.

-Cybertron Optimus Prime. Great figure in both modes, and the axe is actually pretty cool if you fold it up and extend the little rocket booster.

-Blackarachnia. Looks so great in both modes. I'm really amazed they could pull this one off as well as they did.

-Grimlock. His look is right on in both dino and robot, but a smidge too bulky to pose in robot so definitely more fun in dino mode.

-Ratchet. I think he looks great and he's pretty poseable. I find the tools kind of useless but that's not a big deal.

Semi-lurv:

-Bumblebee. Despite the robot kibble, I really like this figure. It still looks nice and has a lot of play value.

-Starscream. I was expecting this to be a big, fat meh. But he's actually pretty cool. I think it's amazing how almost the entire transformation is one big automorph. Before I realized that, I actually broke it and the nosecone fell out but I got it back in and it works.

-Bulkhead/Lugnut. These guys are the same. They look awesome in two modes but are simply too small. Kind of wish Bulkhead had some sort of winder for the string on his wrecking ball. Great toys though.

Meh:

-Cybertron Megatron. The alt mode is wonky looking, the transformation scheme is weird, and his cannon is balanced awkwardly on his arm. Honestly, this figure could have been redeemed if the cannon attached to his arm but the way it's suspended out in mid-air it makes him hard to pose and very awkward looking when he's trying to strike the classic "Megatron cannon o' doom prepare to die" pose. I think the robot mode, minus the cannon, looks really good and poses well though.

But IMO there's nothing below a "meh" for me. And that's pretty impressive for any TF line. I think they really did well with these toys and I can't wait for the next batch.

I know I also definitely want Sentinel Prime when he comes out.

*Once again, is not surprised*

:tflaugh

EDIT: I guess I ought to make my wishlist, in case Madhammah wants to poke fun.

Cyb. Prime

V'ger Prime

Blitzving

jizz-azz

I Can't Deal with that Now!

Soundwave xB

And any other slightly gee-wunny characters that may come out.

Nothing. Just that if I were going to equate you with one of the Animated characters...Sentinal Prime would he teh one.

KIDDING

This line is awesome so far. I was very excited and surprised when I went in to the local Walmart last week and saw them stocking the endcap with the Animated toys. I think I have all of the currently available: Grimlock, Bulkhead, Lugnut, Starscream, Cybertron Megatron, Prowl, Lockdown, Bumblebee, Blackarachnia, Ratchet, Cybertron Prime, and the Prime/Megs two pack. All of them are great, but Grimlock and Starscream stand out to me as excellent. My wife loves Bulkhead, and my 4 yr old loves Lockdown, though his arms tend to pop off when he transforms him.

OH and my wife is in love with Bulkhead. "He's just so cute!" I may have to get her one of her own.
My wife loves Voyager Bulkhead. It's her favourite Transformer out of my entire collection. :P
My wife loves Bulkhead

So, what is up with all the wife/Bulkhead love?

When I show my wife Transformers that I'm geeked up about, she looks at me like she's thinking "Why did I marry this idiot?"

Archived