Corollabot's Eleanor

Hot Rod

Nice concept for Barricade. :thumb

Nicely done.

it's not so "automatic" yet :tflaugh but it will be in a few days... right now it's just Hot Rod going to the site and reposting the stuff here :redface but awesome custom :thumb

Nice work, I thought it was the Alt grimlock until I saw the 2nd pic..I hated doing stripes as well..How did you pull it off?

servo - i was tempted to do that for a moment!

sami - the whole car mode is painted using automotive spray paint, and the stripes are humbrol enamel, i masked them off with clear regular cellotape. while they leave a nice edge, they also leave some of their glue, so i gently used some eucalyptus oil to get that off without cutting into the auto paint. i have heard that the cellotape that is kind of white that you can write on works better, but i've yet to try it.

hot rod - thanks for posting it mate, it must be tough to do everyone's! also expect a PM from me when it does go automatic so i can know how to do it and not just wing it every time.

the whole project exists because i wanted a little eleanor model car since i saw gone in 60 seconds all those years ago, and the saleen s281 looks quite a lot like a customised 67/68 GT500. And i just can't bring myself to buy a model car that doesn't transform into a robot these days...

Archived