Unicron's now a cripple!!!!

JustLOKIPLVY

Unpacked my Transformer collection about a week ago. Everything in alt mold and stored safely in plastic bins. Virtually everything survived the last two years nice and tight/good as new but the Unicron molds. I say both because both Armada and Energon seem to have developed the same problem in there right legs where the ratchet joint meets the waist. By this I mean there is no longer a ratchet joint to keep the leg from swinging freely to either side. I have yet to bother dissecting the toy but my only guess if any in the teeth in the ratchet joint are completely stripped and gone. The left leg however on both still remain tight. Very strange. This is the first Transformer I've ever owned where a ratchet joint has literally become non existent.

Both still stand but I'd really hate for the left leg to go. Unicron would then be truly crippled and that would suck because as a toy he's one awesome display piece.

Anyone else have this issue or anything similar?

The battery in my unicrons hand has gone (which is weird since I never really use him and the head one works fine!), other than that he is fine and he was bought in the 1st month of release..

A lot of people had problems with the chest missile always firing on it's own. Mine kinda had that probem buut then it went away on it's own. Never had problems with the hips though

Maybe the spring sagged in storage to the point where it can't keep pressure on the ratcheting joint halves anymore. Seems unusual for such a small spring, but who knows?

FWIW I'm selling an Armada Unicron, missing some accessories but has good joints, check the End Cap. Good luck.

Archived