• Energon
    • Cybertron
    • Classics - better G1's
    • ALT or Binaltech - cars, how they are meant to be
    • MasterPiece - they just don't get any better
    • Movie - new, improved and the best
    • Animated
    • OTHER - the best toy line was..

Purly as a toy line..........has to be master piece some of the best tf toys ever! every single one is great an far supases any other toy. if masterpice hadn't been an option i would of gone with beast wars, gerneraly above average possability across the line coupled with more origonal and fun/chalenging transformations they have to be my number two. a close third is movie line for much the same reasons but less so than beast wars.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate Classics Grimlock. So much. Dino-mode = pure awesome, but the robot mode = pure lose. His legs are awful, in terms of articulation and appearance, his arms are horrible, since the dino feet just hang off it (they're integrated worse than the G1 figure... not a good thing), and his shoulders... oh dear god, his shoulders.

I like his weapon a lot, though.

I loved Beast Wars, but the first wave (AKA everything before the Transmetals) haven't aged particularly well. The overuse of ball-joints makes them overly fragile, the beast modes were ugly bricks, and the robot modes were incredibly kibble-laden. Once the Transmetals hit, however, they got quite awesome.

MP Prime... I was disappointed. His posability was actually not that good (G1 Prime had just as good/better arm posability and proportions! Plus he was too heavy to hold any decent leg pose) and his alt-mode is just unconvincing, to say the least. I really do like Classics Prime in every respect other than accessories... which admittedly were awesome, but not enough.

I liked Car Robots (rid) too.. but they seemed a lil too complex for their own good.. Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus are like the most puzzley puzzleformer I've ever seen.. and not in a good way. Totally awesome display peice, but as an actual toy, forget about it.

CR > RiD

My basis:

+ Better quality rubber for the tyres. RiD tyres are notorious for splitting, whereas CR aren't. I got Super Fire Convoy in 2000 and RiD Prime in 2002 - a few months later my RiD Prime's tyres had split - to this day my SFC's tyres are immaculate.

+ Unlike X-Brawn, Wild Ride actually looks like a Mercedes ML320. X-Brawn has the ghey modified headlights.

+ One cool feature of CR was that faction symbols were only visible in robot mode, but not visible in vehicle mode. CR Spychangers have heat-sensitive panels which show the symbol when rubbed (like rub signs, but not stickers). RiD have faction symbols plastered all over their alt modes, making them inferior robots in disguise than their CR counterparts!

+ CR has better box/tech spec art, and of course, collectible tech spec cards. RiD has no packaging art - just photos of the toys - and poorly written tech specs. Especially their functions *shudder*

+ Two words: Brave Maximus. :D

+ Some of the RiD repaints made them less show-like, e.g.: Ruination's gestalt parts being grey instead of gold, Combatron insignia replaced with G1 Decepticon insignias, Armourhide being blue instead of beige etc.

+ RiD gave us some truly craptacular names for an English speaking market, e.g.: X-Brawn, Mo-Vor, Ro-Tor... Challenge of the Gobots'd!!

+ RiD = waaaay too many twist ties. Ggrrr!

+ CR Team Bullet Train have clear windows which look win. Their RiD counterparts don't and look bad as a result.

+ RiD has ghey looking bluntened missiles. Bah.

...that'll do for now. :)

for me it was a a tough call. i love energon, alternators and MP. i voted alternators because they were how i always imagined the autobots to be when i was a kid. MP just has too few molds so far and energon was the first line to really capture my interest cause armada sucked....

It was easy to pick G1, but at the same time, I couldn't live without my Masterpieces.

CR/TF2000 wasn't even on the list and happens to have one of my all-time favorite figures in that particular line.

CR/TF2000 >>>>RiD

So, I voted "other."

*NOTE: Loves all TF toyline equally. From Alternators to Zone.*

Archived