• Energon
    • Cybertron
    • Classics - better G1's
    • ALT or Binaltech - cars, how they are meant to be
    • MasterPiece - they just don't get any better
    • Movie - new, improved and the best
    • Animated
    • OTHER - the best toy line was..

Btw, you know that Binaltech Ravage (the first Alt Ravage) is actually Beast Wars Ravage, and not G1 Ravage right? According to BT continuity, he's captured his G1 self and stores himself in cassette mode in his cassette player (as a form of imprisonment).

AlternatorsRavage(Corvette).jpg

BW Ravage=G1 Ravage. Same character continuity wise.

I love that Alternator. While the same character that technically is BW version of Ravage with G1 version of Ravage inside of him. According to the BT story.

He didn't capture his G1 self, III did and used it as a Spark for Battle Ravage... I believe it was just an accident, they just needed any Spark and happened to have just captured Ravage. Battle Ravage didn't have anything to do with the capture of his past self.

And if you think he's so underwhelming, you totally should trade Jaguar Ravage for my Binaltech Battle Ravage.

... anyone?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sgt___york didn't just say "I dislike BW because I just don't like animal Transformers," he said hates the core principle of Beast Wars - and I'd like to know why.

I'm not saying that he's not entitled to hate BW - it's his opinion and he's entitled to it. But I'd like to know more about why he feels that way about it. I'm not opposed to him hating BW, but BW is a franchise that is very widely-loved by the fandom... I very seldomly ever come across people who hate it with a reason beyond just "'cos they're animals," so if he has a deeper reason for hating (not just disliking - but actually hating) Beast Wars for higher reasons, then I'm curious to know why.

And I've presented my reasons for liking BW so that he can address them and throw rebuttals at me. :) This is a discussion forum after all, is it not?

No, I have no more deeper reasoning. I hate BW because they are animals. :) lol

I was about to make a more lengthy replay, but to be honest, REX's long reply on last page was EXACTLY what I was going to say. Opinions are just that, and I understand your not trying to convince me - altho it sounds like it. I understand there is a reasonable explaination for BW being a TF line. I just don't like it. LOL

I realize it is very inconsistant of me as well to like the Dinobots and hate the insecticons... to love Ravage and the tapes - but as Rex said, in my mind, I viewed them as Soundwaves pets and extensions for surveilance. Maybe it was because their characters were developed so well.

But much like Rex - once they killed off Prime - I totally lost interest. I don't care for the gestels (except the constructicons 'a tad' - after that it jsut became too much instead of a uniqueness). I pretty much stay away from Ultra Magnus, as he is the representation of the line in the sand at which the TFers turned a corner without me. Dittos for Hot Rodimus and Galvatron.

But back to BW's I recognize the fandoms love of the story lines. I reconigze they filled a void. I was already fall'n out of love after Primes death and after G1/G2's death... BW's was just the final nail in the coffin for me. I just don't like the whole 'animals' theme, even if it has a perfectly reasonable and logical explaination. :)

Like I said, it wasn't until the BT line that drew me back in. Like REX, some of it had to do with my AGE as well. I was a bit older going thru G1 also. By the time the G1 was fading for me, I was much more into dating, rebuilding the engine in my classic Mustang, and living out on my own for the first time. So the fact TFers went into a direction that I had NO INTEREST in - just took us in different paths. But I fully recognize different strokes for different folks and I'm greatful that they survived all these series this long to bring us back to where we are now - even with the Michael Bay Movies which I absolutely ADORE. I love the fact that my son will have a love of TFers and got his own experience in them as well.

PS: my 7yr old son has absolutely NO interest in Beast Wars either. LOL

RE Ravage - I actually like both of the ravages. I generally only collect the BT line (not the ALT's) but I actually added both RAVAGE and RUMBLE from the ALT line - just for the characters they reprented. Those 2 along with ALT Prime and Nemesis are the only ALT's I consider worthy enough to include in my BT collection series.

I'm too torn. A week ago It would have been a choice between the old nostalgic charm of G1 vs. Classics for it's update of that masterful formula.

But Now I'm tempted to say Animated. I really love this line. All thats holding it back is the crappy plastic... I've even forgiven the chins.

I can see why people wouldn't like Beast Wars as a concept. The beast modes, and the reason for them, are really the by-product of a story that doesn't require the Transformers to be in disguise. And since having beast modes "just because" would mind-farg people, we get the "too much Energon, so we need beast modes to protect us from it" idea. But, in the end, it's meant to sell toys.

Keep in mind, despite the hostility of my post, I like Beast Wars, but G1 shouldn't be the only Transformers cartoon that can be torn down.

And if you think he's so underwhelming, you totally should trade Jaguar Ravage for my Binaltech Battle Ravage.

Heh. I have Binaltech Battle Ravage already. Thank you. :)

I got Alternators Ravage for a pretty cheap price when I was honeymooning overseas (that toy was never released in Australia) - and at a time when the Australian Dollar was quite strong too, so the exchange was in my favour. So I'm that torn over it. But I'm by no means hugely impressed by this figure either.

Archived