Classics Thundercracker May Get a Second Run After All

slugpitcher

Yaaargh!! Ah whants muh Thundercracker!! I still think that Hasbro should do so much more to to give the American fans what they want. Do you know how rediculously popular a Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust set would have been or would be?? I'm still sour at that Bot-Con thing. ~_~

As popular as the other seekers that shelfwarmed? Or the Magnus/Skywarp set that was clearance'd the week it was put on shelves?

Wha? :tfhuh

That set was on the shelves for a good month and a half before it got clearanced around here.

*still thinks the poor sales of the set was due to Ultra Crapnus*

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UM was a voyager figure available for, essentially, ten bucks (half of a $20 two-pack). Hard to beat a deal like that.

He's the only White Prime Magnus I own specifically because the price was right.

Allz I'm saying, Lord Madhammer, my liege, is that having a three pack of Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge would be wildly popular AND give the collectors what they wanted to boot! It would have out sold the Skywarp/ Magnus hands down in which I think that Hasbro did the wrong thing by selling Skywarp with Ultra in the first place. I don't have a problem with Ultra beyond the fact that he didn't have any armor that would further define his character (which is how he SHOULD have been sold). Skywarp would have left us with many an empty isle. Who doesn't love Skywarp? Sold singularly, he would have done well. They should be in the hands of the fans and not in the hands of the people that can afford eighty to three hundred for a bot at a convention (and I'm not picking on you guys that can afford the exclusives from Bot-Con because I too have got at least one Tigatron that makes me verrrry happy ^_^) but in the hands of the fans that drives Hasbro's Transformers to become the top selling boy's toy! I'm just feeling a little slighted.

Classics is a fantabolous line with lots and LOTS of potential but when I see a repaint of Blaster from a previous mold used for Soundwave I just have to wonder if my favorite toy company isn't trying to put quality as their number one priority instead of going for the easy sell. (BotCon) and not give the fans what could be a quality concept and toy.

All the others I have no problems with but I see the great effort there and I'm still thinking ... "it's only half done"! (what happened with Ultra Magnus. Great toy! LOts of potenial but still only half done. And I'm not sure, as much as I love the fan made products, that I'm willing to spend two hundred for something that should have origionally come with the characters in the first place.

Thats my ramble. Take what you want from it. Maybe I have a point, Maybe I don't. ^_^

I think Lord Madhammer's going to call me crazy again. ~_^ LOL

Starscream was far from being a shelf warmer, at least in southwestern Ontario. I don't know about the UM/SW set, I picked one up in Detroit, that's the only time I saw the set at retail (no Targets in Canada).

Ramjet did warm shelves, but come on, the coneheads are like the Diet Coke of Seekers.

To think you are going to get these for 30$ a pop is ludicrous. There is a perfectly good reason for the 100% mark up by online retailers, and frankly it is a deal compared to the rule of three (a private toy dealer has to be able to sell something for usually three times what he paid to actually make it worth his time).

Granted he is paying 60$ for a pair, but at the same time, he is having to drive over to said show, wait in line line for god knows how long (if you've never done this at a con, you just don't know), often just to buy one or two sets, then sometimes go back in line to start over, depending on the shows particulars. He then has to pay various taxes and other malarky.

He either does this, or buys it from someone doing this for him and pays that guy's mark up price.

Realistically, BlackGears isn't really scalping you too badly, more of just a finders fee plus payment for his effort.

Allz I'm saying, Lord Madhammer, my liege, is that having a three pack of Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge would be wildly popular AND give the collectors what they wanted to boot!

I think you overestimate your own importance in the world of childrens playthings...

Ramjet and SS didn't really shelfwarm up here. Ramjet a bit more than SS, but he came out towards the end of the line, so a little bit of shelfwarming is to be expected...

Allz I'm saying, Lord Madhammer, my liege, is that having a three pack of Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge would be wildly popular AND give the collectors what they wanted to boot!

I think you overestimate your own importance in the world of childrens playthings...

Toy companies would rather make limited amounts of Toy X and sell them all than risk making ten times that amount and only selling a fraction. Even toys you're "so sure" would sell out are never sure bets. Toy companies are a business and they're run by businesspeople, not the idiots we think they are because they "won't give us the toys we want."

"Wildly popular?" with who? Kids don't care. And they know collectors will pay out the ass for things they really want, so they can lord it over your head for however long and for whatever price they feel like.

Yaaargh!! Ah whants muh Thundercracker!! I still think that Hasbro should do so much more to to give the American fans what they want. Do you know how rediculously popular a Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust set would have been or would be?? I'm still sour at that Bot-Con thing. ~_~

As popular as the other seekers that shelfwarmed? Or the Magnus/Skywarp set that was clearance'd the week it was put on shelves?

Wha? :tfhuh

That set was on the shelves for a good month and a half before it got clearanced around here.

Yep.

My local Target put the UM/Skywarp set straight on the end cap for $17.99. Four shelves worth and they lasted MAYBE two days.

This Target is always doing that kind of crap, though. They put their Universe Devastator an end cap for clearance for $7.99. These were all just unpacked straight out of the case and put on an end cap.

Archived